Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Is the X5R using a newer "A9 Plus" SOC?

Reaction score
It would make sense that they would need more CPU horsepower to feed the SSD, the SD card, and Lightbridge.

But the logic of the X5R is that they're not going to spend any of that extra CPU on the SD card video.

But what if there is no SSD inserted?

It would make sense that they would need more CPU horsepower to feed the SSD, the SD card, and Lightbridge.

But the logic of the X5R is that they're not going to spend any of that extra CPU on the SD card video.

But what if there is no SSD inserted?

X5R records to SD and SSD simultaneously, so it's still used for that plus video LB feed.

Picked up my Inspire RAW yesterday, so still learning the raw ropes. Im guessing if i dont insert the SSD the camera just turns into a normal X5 and records to the micro sd?

Reactions: damoncooper
Yes I'm getting that on mine as well. Would this mean we would have the possibility of recording higher frame rates at a higher bit rate? Such as recording 1080p60p at 400mbps to the ssd? Or even 1080p120p at 200mbps? It definitely seems like the ssd could handle it. Wondering why there's no discussion on higher bitrates at higher frame rates.............

This is interesting, apart from my initial issues with the Cinema DNG into premiere, I love this camera! Haven't had something for a long time that exceeds my expectations

Reactions: damoncooper
Q: Are X5 users also seeing "A9 Plus" on their About screens?
That record does not show on mine. Completely missing. Maybe next fw update will show it.

The other Ian already took an X5 apart. We just need a X5R teardown.

Which A9 chip was in the X5 do you recall?

b6b28912434ad421c9afd00bb8ff7166.jpg
ac079d3e10dd79f59b970c38c1fa5108.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz