Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

XT2 RGB Focus - extremely blurred

Reaction score
Purchased a Used package this Winter that included a barely used XT2 640 13mm.
Recently examining the camera operation… and the RGB is way out of focus. I don’t see a focus adjustment.
The focus appears pretty sharp 10 ft away, then quickly blurs beyond usability… a car license in driveway on other side of street wasn’t readable.

I’m New to XT2, is there a focus method? Tapping screen doesn’t work, no focus dial, etc.

Mounted on M210, and 2 M600Pro. The Pilot app is a bit of a problem for M210v1 & M600Pro with iPad. Runs with CrystalSky, but fails to open on Tab S7+. The XT & GoApps Weren’t ideal…. But more useable.

Reaction score
Purchased a Used package this Winter that included a barely used XT2 640 13mm.
Recently examining the camera operation… and the RGB is way out of focus. I don’t see a focus adjustment.
The focus appears pretty sharp 10 ft away, then quickly blurs beyond usability… a car license in driveway on other side of street wasn’t readable.

I’m New to XT2, is there a focus method? Tapping screen doesn’t work, no focus dial, etc.

Mounted on M210, and 2 M600Pro. The Pilot app is a bit of a problem for M210v1 & M600Pro with iPad. Runs with CrystalSky, but fails to open on Tab S7+. The XT & GoApps Weren’t ideal…. But more useable.
I thought the visible lens was 8mm fixed. I have the same model and have never seen any focal adjustment nor have I had the issue you are speaking of.

Reaction score
I thought the visible lens was 8mm fixed. I have the same model and have never seen any focal adjustment nor have I had the issue you are speaking of.
Great to hear, that indicates a problem. The 13mm was reference to IR lens. The focus of the RGB is clear 5-12ft or so... and blurs increasingly with distance.

Wasn't aware RGB was fixed focal, that definitely indicates a problem then with this unit.

I've created a Service Ticket and sent it in yesterday, should hear something in a few days.

Curious, what are you using for Controller App? Any issues upgrading Pilot? Apparently can't go above the 1.7x Pilot, Android version and not an option for iOS. The Go4 and XT apps work, but thought a little lacking.

Reaction score
Great to hear, that indicates a problem. The 13mm was reference to IR lens. The focus of the RGB is clear 5-12ft or so... and blurs increasingly with distance.

Wasn't aware RGB was fixed focal, that definitely indicates a problem then with this unit.

I've created a Service Ticket and sent it in yesterday, should hear something in a few days.

Curious, what are you using for Controller App? Any issues upgrading Pilot? Apparently can't go above the 1.7x Pilot, Android version and not an option for iOS. The Go4 and XT apps work, but thought a little lacking.
I'm using Crystalsky and Pilot app with M200. I had issues with latest version of Pilot app. Had to remove and downgrade.

Reaction score
I'm using Crystalsky and Pilot app with M200. I had issues with latest version of Pilot app. Had to remove and downgrade.
My apologies for not being clear. The issues I was having had nothing to do with the lens issue you are referring to. The update did not apply to the M200 and actually changed the layout and buttons for mapping missions.

Reaction score
My apologies for not being clear. The issues I was having had nothing to do with the lens issue you are referring to. The update did not apply to the M200 and actually changed the layout and buttons for mapping missions.
I'm following you, thanks for clarification.
I too made attempt to change the Pilot app on the CS. That too is problematic. Waiting on DJI to repair so I can continue the examination.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimeOnTarget