Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

UK UK CAA PFAW wait times

One Question regarding renewal directly with CAA
When you send your logbook pilot aircraft hours does it need all those: battery number, observer name, payload operator?
Or is it enough if you have: start stop duration, aircraft, pilot, location long lat, purpose of flight, any comments comment.
And would just pdf file be good?

Thanks
When you submitted your ops manual presumably you had an appendices attached that gave a sample log book page?
That's what they will look for regarding format.
Battery logs are not part of the CAA requirement.
Additionally they only need proof of 2 hours flight time within the last three months so the whole years log entries are not necessary.
They will ONLY accept PDF.

thanks for lightning fast response! Thats cool. so is looks like it will be enough to give them only this year log as it will be plenty more than 2 h. My renewall is in two months, month ago I received reminder from Euro, but I am thinking to ditch them and go straight to CAA. Would month be enough for renewal, as What I remember it was Euro which took most time plus extra cost...

thanks for lightning fast response! Thats cool. so is looks like it will be enough to give them only this year log as it will be plenty more than 2 h. My renewall is in two months, month ago I received reminder from Euro, but I am thinking to ditch them and go straight to CAA. Would month be enough for renewal, as What I remember it was Euro which took most time plus extra cost...
Well officially they say allow 28 days so I would get it in with about 6 weeks to spare. They will renew from the expiry of your old one.
Remember to include your old PFAW number on the SRG1320.

One Question regarding renewal directly with CAA
When you send your logbook pilot aircraft hours does it need all those: battery number, observer name, payload operator?
Or is it enough if you have: start stop duration, aircraft, pilot, location long lat, purpose of flight, any comments comment.
And would just pdf file be good?

Thanks
Not sure what the exact criteria is but when I sent my logbook in, these are the following details it carried: date, time, flight duration, location, aircraft, pilot name, cam-op name and observer name.
I'm sure you can probably refine that down, but they seemed happy with that for me.
And yes, pdf format is ideal.

Greetings all ....
I'm due to take my flight test at the end of this month and will apply for my PFAW straight after - but - the PFAW will be insufficient to allow me to work for the likes of estate agents in congested areas, so I'm going to need an additional permission(s) of a UAS OSC - which has 3 volumes to complete.

Aside from the fact that attempting to complete the 3 volumes of OSC to make an application makes my PFAW Operating Manual look like a Janet & John book, can anybody advise if I can apply for the OSC at the same time as the initial application for the PFAW, or does it have to be a separate application after a PFAW has been issued?

I cannot find any reference as to the cost for an OSC application, so if anybody knows the answer to that too, I'd be most grateful.

Re all the previous comments about EuroUSC, all I can say is that I gained my BNUCs (June 2015) with them and they have been incredibly helpful in assisting me with my PFAW manual which I have completed in (very) slow time.
I'm not taking my flight exam with them (time and distance issues) but instead with a NQE almost on my doorstep - UAV8.co - though oddly, EuroUSC advised me that if I didn't take my flight exam within 12 months of passing the BNUCs, I'd have to resit ground-school again - sounded a bit 'iffy' to me.......

Many thanks

Mick

TimeFlize Long Logo mobile - WWW black-1.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens