Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

UK UK CAA PFAW wait times

Thanks for that, useful information gathered.
My manual was structured and approved through Eurousc following their format, as I went through them to obtain my PFAW.
Although I have now come upon a further problem going the direct route to the CAA as opposed via Eurousc and that is that my first aircraft has a LUASS registration number 'G-UAV0523' given to me by Eurousc for my manual. How do I obtain a separate number for my new Inspire?

Thanks for that, useful information gathered.
My manual was structured and approved through Eurousc following their format, as I went through them to obtain my PFAW.
Although I have now come upon a further problem going the direct route to the CAA as opposed via Eurousc and that is that my first aircraft has a LUASS registration number 'G-UAV0523' given to me by Eurousc for my manual. How do I obtain a separate number for my new Inspire?
There is no CAA requirement for sub-7kg RPAs to have a registration number.

Reactions: The Editor
Hi everyone. Submitted my docs via Resource Group for my PFAW on Sept 9th, not had anything back as yet but CAA have talked the £112 from my credit card on Sep 26th so I'm guessing anythime soon? Anyone else waiting longer than what appeard to be the 10 day breakthrough??

Hi everyone. Submitted my docs via Resource Group for my PFAW on Sept 9th, not had anything back as yet but CAA have talked the £112 from my credit card on Sep 26th so I'm guessing anythime soon? Anyone else waiting longer than what appeard to be the 10 day breakthrough??
The problem with using the NQE's for your application means you have no control over when they actually send it. Most will hang onto a few and send them in a block.
The last I heard CAA were still turning round individual applications in 10 days or less.

Reactions: Grant Skelton
Hi all,
Just signed up to forum.
I have my PFAW and it will be up for renewal soon. From reading threads, I assume one does not have to go through Eurousc to renew my PFAW? I want to add the Inspire 1 to my PFAW......do I just add its spec to the back of my Ops manual......or do I have to create a new Ops manual?
All replies greatly appreciated
Mike
Hi Mike,

I recently completed my theory course for my CAA PfAW, I was reliably informed that just an ammendment to your ops manual is what would be required. Hope this helps.

SW

Looking ahead to PFAW renewal time next year could anyone let me know exactly what the CAA will want from me to renew my certification?

When I had my EuroUSC flying exam I was told that they would want to see my current ops manual and Flying Logbook.

The flying logbook is the only document I regularly maintain and update. All risk assessments, site surveys etc are carried out on printed out forms on a clipboard and I do not generally retain these.

As to whether to use EuroUSC to submit my renewal? I've no real complaints against EuroUSC, sure they charge for every step of the way, they enabled me to get qualified. Having a BNUCs pilots licence with a photocard is also quite neat and I've used it on a couple of occasions to establish my credentials.

Looking ahead to PFAW renewal time next year could anyone let me know exactly what the CAA will want from me to renew my certification?

When I had my EuroUSC flying exam I was told that they would want to see my current ops manual and Flying Logbook.

The flying logbook is the only document I regularly maintain and update. All risk assessments, site surveys etc are carried out on printed out forms on a clipboard and I do not generally retain these.

As to whether to use EuroUSC to submit my renewal? I've no real complaints against EuroUSC, sure they charge for every step of the way, they enabled me to get qualified. Having a BNUCs pilots licence with a photocard is also quite neat and I've used it on a couple of occasions to establish my credentials.
Cyclops,
Correct, you'll need an up to date version of your ops manual (noting any changes you made since you submitted your last ops manual), and a log of your flight hours.
My advice would be to leave out EuroUSC. You're essentially just paying for a middle man. Apply for your renewal direct with the CAA and shorten your turnaround time :)

Cyclops,
Correct, you'll need an up to date version of your ops manual (noting any changes you made since you submitted your last ops manual), and a log of your flight hours.
My advice would be to leave out EuroUSC. You're essentially just paying for a middle man. Apply for your renewal direct with the CAA and shorten your turnaround time :)
Eurousc - unless you want to have a BNUC-S Certificate as it is not valid after the year is up. Just sayin'

Hi Phil and IrishSights - thanks for your advice.

I'll have to decide whether to maintain my link with EuroUSC when the time comes. Having a BNUC-S card in my wallet has been useful on a couple of occasions and it also adds an additional reassurance to potential customers.

I think EuroUSC are missing a huge opportunity by not offering more open communication with their existing customer base. I have received no communication from them since I gained my certification last Summer and also had no reply to a request for information a few months ago.

Their MO seems to be to make the whole subject overly complicated, which whilst it maintains their role as 'professional experts', it makes gaining CAA certification seem pretty daunting for newcomers into the flying environment.

I'm not saying there isn't a lot to learn, both practically, technically and legally but they would do well to update the training materials they supply to their students.

What they could be doing is offering monthly information newsletters to their existing customer base or setting up a forum similar to this one for their clients. It would certainly add a lot of value to their offering.

Hi Phil and IrishSights - thanks for your advice.

I'll have to decide whether to maintain my link with EuroUSC when the time comes. Having a BNUC-S card in my wallet has been useful on a couple of occasions and it also adds an additional reassurance to potential customers.

I think EuroUSC are missing a huge opportunity by not offering more open communication with their existing customer base. I have received no communication from them since I gained my certification last Summer and also had no reply to a request for information a few months ago.

Their MO seems to be to make the whole subject overly complicated, which whilst it maintains their role as 'professional experts', it makes gaining CAA certification seem pretty daunting for newcomers into the flying environment.

I'm not saying there isn't a lot to learn, both practically, technically and legally but they would do well to update the training materials they supply to their students.

What they could be doing is offering monthly information newsletters to their existing customer base or setting up a forum similar to this one for their clients. It would certainly add a lot of value to their offering.
Hi Cyclops,

If it gives you any assurance, I haven't had a valid BNUC-S card for about 15 months now (due to it expiring) and have had no problems. Only the uneducated would ask to see a valid BNUC-S card, and if you can inform the client/who ever is asking that all you need is a PFAW and show evidence of this, you'll be fine.
Quick analogy.... It's like asking to see your certificate for passing your driving test. Nobody needs to see your certificate, it's only your licence that matters.

I agree with you there with regards to EuroUSC could be doing more.
It would be good they were to update former course attendees with the latest training materials to keep them in the loop or up to date with the latest rules, regs and operating standards for safe procedures in the form of a newsletter rather than assuming everyone will figure them out one way or another.
After all, we did pay them ££££.

But maybe some of the new NQEs are offering this...

Hi Cyclops,

If it gives you any assurance, I haven't had a valid BNUC-S card for about 15 months now (due to it expiring) and have had no problems. Only the uneducated would ask to see a valid BNUC-S card, and if you can inform the client/who ever is asking that all you need is a PFAW and show evidence of this, you'll be fine.
Quick analogy.... It's like asking to see your certificate for passing your driving test. Nobody needs to see your certificate, it's only your licence that matters.

I agree with you there with regards to EuroUSC could be doing more.
It would be good they were to update former course attendees with the latest training materials to keep them in the loop or up to date with the latest rules, regs and operating standards for safe procedures in the form of a newsletter rather than assuming everyone will figure them out one way or another.
After all, we did pay them ££££.

But maybe some of the new NQEs are offering this...
Totally agree.
EuroUSC invented the card so they could charge money (like everything else they do). It is a pointless piece of paper.
You have your qualification, you have your PFAW, that's all you need.

One Question regarding renewal directly with CAA
When you send your logbook pilot aircraft hours does it need all those: battery number, observer name, payload operator?
Or is it enough if you have: start stop duration, aircraft, pilot, location long lat, purpose of flight, any comments comment.
And would just pdf file be good?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz