Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

M30t lost control and went into the water

I've read on facebook that most guys are sending back their drone without requesting replacement from their care and then after DJI evaluate the reason of the accident are asking if you want to repair it under warranty or to use the DJI care. This way many guys got a replacement without affecting their care plan.
I decided to follow through on getting a diver to look for it this week. The cost is miniscule compared to my investment so far. The most disappointing part is that, because I didn't activate properly (meaning that I didn't "bind" the drone to the Enterprise Care plan, which I paid for), DJI says that it won't apply. It just feels like I am getting screwed over a technicality; I paid for the care plan but apparently didn't enter the ID when activated. It's not like I owed them any money or anything. In any case, it is what it is. This was an expensive lesson, but one that I will retain forever!!

I am truly sorry for your ordeal. DJI needs better instructions to ensure that Enterprise Care is activated. There is no question that you have this service as it came with the aircraft. On my Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced it automatically bound to the aircraft upon my first activation of the aircraft. But on our Matrice 300 RTK, I had to manually enable it.

Since there is no dispute that the aircraft came with the Enterprise Care and Enterprise Care was purchased within the 72 hours of aircraft activation (It came with the product) there really should not be any question about the validity of Enterprise Care.

Maybe try to explain to them that they are confusing their customers by having one Enterprise aircraft (Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced) automatically binding and activating Enterprise Care, while the M30T is not and you were under the assumption that it activated automatically.

I am very irritated by your experience in that I have had nothing but praise about DJI's warranty and Enterprise Care before hearing of this.

This is unacceptable in my opinion as Enterprise Care is included in the price of the aircraft and there is zero question about that fact that you were covered. When you purchase Enterprise Care on its own it is spelled out that you must purchase it within 72 hours of activation and it must be bound. With the Matrice 300 RTK and M30T they do a very poor job of telling you that you must manually activate these crucial services that were already paid in advance (With purchase of aircraft).

I just read the Matrice 300 RTK manual and Quick Start Guide and they do not mention that you must manually bind Enterprise Care. But when you are in Pilot 2 there is a screen showing you whether Enterprise Care is bound or not.

1661452585984.png

I do know that drone manufacturers can sometimes monitor forums for their products. I can only hope that if DJI is reading this, they may want to reconsider bad customer support, as this case seems to be not honoring their enhanced warranty program through a pure technicality. If the drone is recovered they really need to reconsider this case as if the facts are as presented, this will definitely factor in to future purchases I make through both my private small drone business as well as through purchases through my Public Safety job.

Appreciate your concern. They offered me a replacement at a 15% discount. No charger, no case, no batteries, no controller. I do feel that it's a bit unfair because it did come with the Care Enterprise and I did pay for it but hey, rules are rules. Now I just have to decide if I want to start over.

Kind of an aside but relevant to your situation, but I have used a QYSEA Fifish water drone with the robotic arm to find and retrieve things that were M30 sized. It could be worth it in your case to buy one, use it to get your drone, then resell it if possible.

Reactions: niki
Not a bad idea but I already have a diver booked for tomorrow. If that fails, them I will definitely look for other options.

Reactions: MikeA
Wish you the best of luck!

Hopefully you're posting here tomorrow with a picture of your recovery.

I am truly sorry for your ordeal. DJI needs better instructions to ensure that Enterprise Care is activated. There is no question that you have this service as it came with the aircraft. On my Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced it automatically bound to the aircraft upon my first activation of the aircraft. But on our Matrice 300 RTK, I had to manually enable it.

Since there is no dispute that the aircraft came with the Enterprise Care and Enterprise Care was purchased within the 72 hours of aircraft activation (It came with the product) there really should not be any question about the validity of Enterprise Care.

Maybe try to explain to them that they are confusing their customers by having one Enterprise aircraft (Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced) automatically binding and activating Enterprise Care, while the M30T is not and you were under the assumption that it activated automatically.

I am very irritated by your experience in that I have had nothing but praise about DJI's warranty and Enterprise Care before hearing of this.

This is unacceptable in my opinion as Enterprise Care is included in the price of the aircraft and there is zero question about that fact that you were covered. When you purchase Enterprise Care on its own it is spelled out that you must purchase it within 72 hours of activation and it must be bound. With the Matrice 300 RTK and M30T they do a very poor job of telling you that you must manually activate these crucial services that were already paid in advance (With purchase of aircraft).

I just read the Matrice 300 RTK manual and Quick Start Guide and they do not mention that you must manually bind Enterprise Care. But when you are in Pilot 2 there is a screen showing you whether Enterprise Care is bound or not.

View attachment 30552

I do know that drone manufacturers can sometimes monitor forums for their products. I can only hope that if DJI is reading this, they may want to reconsider bad customer support, as this case seems to be not honoring their enhanced warranty program through a pure technicality. If the drone is recovered they really need to reconsider this case as if the facts are as presented, this will definitely factor in to future purchases I make through both my private small drone business as well as through purchases through my Public Safety job.
When you go through the activation process on a Matrice 300/30, a screen pops up telling you to enter the DJI Care refresh code that comes with your drone in order to "bind" the aircraft to it. You can bypass this screen without going through the process. I think DJI should change it so you must bind it before continuing. However if in the future they separate the purchase of Care Refresh, it would be impossible for people who don't purchase it to activate their drone.

Well, I finally recovered the M30t with the help of a professional diver. It's pretty much trashed. I did provide DJI with my purchase receipt, which shows that I did pay for the Enterprise Care Plan as well as the Care Plan code. Now, if I can just get them to honor the terms and conditions, I should be all set. I'm wondering if the batteries can be saved. They were under water for two weeks, but I imagine that they are sealed watertight. Otherwise, the lithium would have ignited from the water. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20220831_085124.jpg
    20220831_085124.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220831_085346.jpg
    20220831_085346.jpg
    584.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220831_090609.jpg
    20220831_090609.jpg
    790.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reactions: MikeA and niki
Well, I finally recovered the M30t with the help of a professional diver. It's pretty much trashed. I did provide DJI with my purchase receipt, which shows that I did pay for the Enterprise Care Plan as well as the Care Plan code. Now, if I can just get them to honor the terms and conditions, I should be all set.
That is some good news. Now let's hope you get this fixed under warranty since as been stated there is no disputing that you had purchased Enterprise Care at the time of purchase.
Hoping that you post they are going to honor Enterprise Care in your next post.

Were you able to figure out if it drifted far from where it went in?

That is some good news. Now let's hope you get this fixed under warranty since as been stated there is no disputing that you had purchased Enterprise Care at the time of purchase.
Hoping that you post they are going to honor Enterprise Care in your next post.

Were you able to figure out if it drifted far from where it went in?
The diver assumed that it would have drifted south a bit due to a very slight current. He looked in that area for about 45 minutes without any luck. So, I had him look in the exact location of the last GPS coordinates before I lost the drone and it was in that exact spot. So, I have to say that the GPS coordinates generated by the drone were impeccably accurate. I dropped an anchored bottle over that spot and that is where it was. Between paying the captain of the boat and the diver, I have another few hundred dollars invested in this so I do hope that DJI will see fit to honor the Care Plan agreement. Don't get me wrong; I get that it was not properly "bound" but I found out recently from a DJI repair technician that there are issues when trying to bind the care plan during activation using the RC Controller. He said to make sure that you do this on your computer (PC) and NOT on the controller.

I guess I'm just looking for a little feedback or maybe some help. I was out flying my m30t today looking for wildlife down in the everglades. I brought the drone back after successful flight and was landing it on the deck of the boat I was in. It was very large deck and very flat with no obstructions. As the drone was touching down, instead of the motors powering down, they revved up. This caused it to jump up and it started to turn and then leaned over to the side. When that happened, the propellers hit the deck of the boat and it flipped upside down and went into the water. I uploaded the flight log to DJI so obviously I have to wait till they review it but what I noticed was right at the end, right before it lost control, there was a message that came up on the controller that said "aircraft antenna satellite signal searching error. Fly with caution". Any thoughts whether this would have caused what looked like a fly away starting? Thank you for your feedback.
So the most recent update is that DJI has agreed to bind the care plan retroactive to the date that I purchased the m30t. This means that they are going to honor the care plan and replace the bird for the deductible cost. I couldn't be more excited or grateful but they've agreed to do that. Looks like I might be back in business soon!

Reactions: niki and MikeA
So the most recent update is that DJI has agreed to bind the care plan retroactive to the date that I purchased the m30t. This means that they are going to honor the care plan and replace the bird for the deductible cost. I couldn't be more excited or grateful but they've agreed to do that. Looks like I might be back in business soon!
That is some great news! I think the outcome is fair and what I have come to expect from DJI. As stated there is zero question that Enterprise Care came with the aircraft, it was paid for in the purchase price. A technicality should not matter especially with your comment on a DJI tech stating that there were binding problems.

I have a question that you can help me out with.

Out Police Department just bought and received their new M30T. The first thing I asked them was if they bound their Enterprise Care to the aircraft. Last week, I got to fly their M30T (Its a great aircraft!) alongside out Matrice 300 RTK while demonstrating both aircraft to an outside agency that was interested in both.

I saw on the controller in the preflight section that Care Enterprise was not bound!

My question of the day is this.

Was there a Care Enterprise post card with the binding code with your aircraft? I am pretty sure that my Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced did not have this card and bound automatically when first activated (But I could be wrong).
Our Matrice 300 RTK 100% came with a Care Enterprise postcard with code on it for the aircraft and the H20T camera/gimbal.

I am scared that the PD M30T may not be covered and also that if the post card with code on it was inadvertently thrown out, may never be covered.

One last question, is it true that the M30T comes with 1 free year of DJI Maintenance?

That is some great news! I think the outcome is fair and what I have come to expect from DJI. As stated there is zero question that Enterprise Care came with the aircraft, it was paid for in the purchase price. A technicality should not matter especially with your comment on a DJI tech stating that there were binding problems.

I have a question that you can help me out with.

Out Police Department just bought and received their new M30T. The first thing I asked them was if they bound their Enterprise Care to the aircraft. Last week, I got to fly their M30T (Its a great aircraft!) alongside out Matrice 300 RTK while demonstrating both aircraft to an outside agency that was interested in both.

I saw on the controller in the preflight section that Care Enterprise was not bound!

My question of the day is this.

Was there a Care Enterprise post card with the binding code with your aircraft? I am pretty sure that my Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced did not have this card and bound automatically when first activated (But I could be wrong).
Our Matrice 300 RTK 100% came with a Care Enterprise postcard with code on it for the aircraft and the H20T camera/gimbal.

I am scared that the PD M30T may not be covered and also that if the post card with code on it was inadvertently thrown out, may never be covered.

One last question, is it true that the M30T comes with 1 free year of DJI Maintenance?
I'll do my best to answer here. It was on the receipt that I paid for it and it did come with a card that had the activation code on it. But the folks I bought it from, DroneNerds.com, down in Florida, also emailed me the code as well. If it doesn't say bound on the controller then it is not bound. And it may be that they didn't pay for the basic care when they bought the drone or it wasn't included in the purchase. That is something you will definitely have to check out. As far as the maintenance goes I actually don't know anything about that and I would have to ask the folks I bought it from and see if they know. I also had the mavic 2 Enterprise advanced and my understanding is that as soon as you activate it the care plan is bound to that, you don't have to do it separately.

I got an update from DJI today. They shipped my brand new (I think) M30t yesterday and I should have it by Monday. The total replacement cost of $900 and they paid shipping both ways. I wish that they would have done this under warranty but hey, it beats losing a $14k drone. Now, if anyone wants to purchase a new DJI M30t, let me know. I happen to have one for sale!!

Reactions: MikeA and niki
It was about 30 ft deep and there was a little bit of a current that runs through there so I doubt that it would still be there. I had a friend go back with one of those heavy duty rare earth magnets to see if he could hook up to it and he didn't have any luck. I've decided to ditch DJI at this point because the State of Florida won't allow anyone with a DJI drone to work with any government agencies and I hear some other states are going that route as well. So I'm going to buy the Autell Evo 2 plus. It's probably more on par with the Maverick 2 Enterprise advanced, but I just can't work with DJI if they're not going to honor their warranties. I guess what really upset me is that the analyst came back and said that I landed in the water almost 700 yards from where I took off. But I landed on the deck of the boat and then it jumped up and flipped in the water so I have no idea where they got that from. But they're not open to discussion so I'm just out of luck because they said so.
Maybe the most important thing to get out of this is that this was a fly away of the new m30 platform. So I'm assuming I'm not the only one that has had or will have that problem and DJI doesn't seem to want to address it. I would just be very careful flying it.
Sorry to hear about the malfunction and the loss of your M30. In regards to purchasing your Autel, be very cautious about that purchase. There are 5 'approved' manufacturers on the Florida approved drone list, and Autel is not one of them. Wouldn't want you to get stuck with a purchase of a drone that you technically could not use if you were working with any agencies where it would be banned. Of the 5 'approved' manufacturers that Florida approved, only 4 are still in business. I am currently making a video for our YouTube channel that will help explain all of this a bit since there is so much confusion and interpretation around it. Let us know if we can help. Thanks!

I've given up on working with Florida agencies at their point. The only drone that comes close the parrot anafi and the specs on it are not very impressive. The only reason I thought about getting the Autel is because it's not Geo restricted like dji's products. I am certainly not going to spend a whole bunch of money on a drone that is substandard just so I can work with government agencies and likely not be able to produce quality results. I've talked to that works for either law enforcement, wildlife management, or fire and Rescue are just as mad as can be about this. And for me, the biggest benefit is that I'm going to be at the auctions buying up all this new DJI equipment that they purchased and can't use anymore.

I've given up on working with Florida agencies at their point. The only drone that comes close the parrot anafi and the specs on it are not very impressive. The only reason I thought about getting the Autel is because it's not Geo restricted like dji's products. I am certainly not going to spend a whole bunch of money on a drone that is substandard just so I can work with government agencies and likely not be able to produce quality results. I've talked to that works for either law enforcement, wildlife management, or fire and Rescue are just as mad as can be about this. And for me, the biggest benefit is that I'm going to be at the auctions buying up all this new DJI equipment that they purchased and can't use anymore.
You are correct. 95% of the agencies surveyed in Florida stated that this law is going to negatively affect how they operate and use their equipment. It's a big mess for sure. There is going to be a massive run on used DJI in the next few months from the State of Florida.

I think that there are going to be so many agencies filing for this exception that they're going to have to do something to amend the law. One of the issues that I run into is that, even though the law doesn't specifically state that they can't contract with an outside party using DJI equipment, a couple of the counties that I've worked with said that they're county attorneys told them it's not worth taking a chance and that they won't contract with third parties. I think that's going to change also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens