Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Zenmuse X5/X5R - Compatiable Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder are they gonna support Panasonic PZ 14-42mm, especially if there is zoom control from the app it would be awesome.

And support for 25mm 1.8/25mm 1.7 and 42.5mm 1.7/45mm 1.8 would be really appreciated for aerial bokeh shot!

I wouldn't expect support for zoom lenses, because of the way the weight distribution changes during a zoom.

But there is no reason those other small prime lenses shouldn't be supported eventually. I am guessing that supporting a lens is not as simple as weighing and measuring it. at the 1:10 mark of this X5 tutorial, it says, "mount the balancing ring", and you can see the disembodied hands attach a small ring to the filter threads of the lens. I am guessing that other lenses will require different weights on such a balancing ring.

An interesting section on page 7 of the X5 user's manual:
Supported Lenses for the Inspire 1
The Zenmuse X5 currently supports the following lenses, and will support more lenses in the future.
DJI MFT 15mm f/1.7 ASPH
Panasonic Lumix G Leica DG Summilux 15mm f/1.7 ASPH
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm f/2.0
Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm f1.8 (Balancing ring will be avilable on the DJI Store soon)

Supported Filters
Filters must have a weight of 7-11 g, with those weighing 10-11 g performing the best. Outside this range, the filter will decrease gimbal performance. DJI MFT 15mm f/1.7 ASPH supports filters with a size of 46mm

The Balancing Ring must be installed on the camera lens when a filter is not used
The X5 comes with a balancing ring, which we know for certain is appropriate for the DJI lens.

Slightly less certain, but still pretty clear: the Olympus 17mm needs a different balancing ring, which is not yet available.

Also pretty clear: an appropriately heavy filter obviates the need for the balancing ring. This tells me that they optimized the gimbal/lens balance assuming that a filter will be installed, which I think is smart.

A little less clear: what about the Panasonic 15mm and Olympus 12mm lenses? Do they use the balancing ring that comes with the X5? Or no balancing ring?

there are 3 balace rings on dji official store. i am thinking of buying them. $9 each.

panny 15mm
olympus 17mm
olympus 14-42mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham