Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm/3.5-5.6 HD Lens Compatible with X5?

Reaction score
I pre-ordered an I2 with a X5S camera. The physical dimensions of the camera and gimbal look the same as the X5. I looked through the camera compatibility list that was started on this forum and did not see the Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm/3.5-5.6 HD listed. It was listed as being compatible on the DJI site with the X5S.

So I have two questions:
Does anyone know if this lens will fit on the X5?
If yes, does anyone have any experience with this lens they can share?

I watched the review of the Olympus 14-42mm and it seemed like a mixed review.
My biggest concern was the tight fit of the lens.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the link! I will search again for the Panasonic lenses. The 35-100mm looks interesting.
"Looks interesting" until you have to balance it on a gimbal. If this is you first major drone purchase, you are going to have a steep learning curve. You may want to focus more on the primes listed and put the zoom lenses on the back burner for now.

For the past ~two years I have been playing around with the P3P/P4 and was looking for an AP/V upgrade which the I2 fits the bill. I do have a lot to learn about videography and the Inspire line. I started out in multi-rotors from the DIY and ARF side. All the way from 250 class racers to a 6 pound Hexacopter with a gimbal so I am not afraid to tinker (my hobby).

I agree the weight of the 35-100 seems like an issue for the X5 gimbal regardless of the balancing aspect. Eventually I want to get a zoom lens after I get the hang of things.

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz