Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5 compatible lenses - updated list

Hi guys, did some of you have used the heavier version of LAOWA 7.5mm lens? It's hard to find this lens in Europe and currently there's a good price in a local shop but it's the heavier one, I want to use it on X5R camera.

Hi guys recently i am flying with 14-42mm 3.5 - 5.6 EZ ... at the cart recommend using balancing ring but... i found that it work better without balancing ring..

I've tested all of the lenses on this list and a bunch not on it. Body cap lenses are far too light period. The Oly 9-18 unfortunately was too heavy, the non pancake 14-42s were also. The Pani 15mm is the DJI lens without any change but the engraving, the 20mm was too large in diameter, the 30mm macro was too heavy, the 42.5 f1.2 is arguable the best MFT lens made but is way too heavy though I love it on my GH4, the 42.5mm f1.7 is not far behind it and is arguably the best lens for the X5, the 45mm is way too heavy, the 25mm had the IOS slider interfere with the gimble, and the 35-100mm was also too heavy and unable to apply a balance that would solve the difference in balance required during different levels of zoom. I also tested with success the three Sigma lenses however not long after I upgraded to the 11-24 firmware I found the Sigma lenses would produce a heavily distorted image in the go app. I assumed DJI had prevented their use for reasons unknown. That may have changed as I have'nt retried. I will say I was very pleased with the results from them though the 60mm will eventually overheat the gimmble motors as it is actually too heavy. I am almost finished with the testing to add an 85mm or 170mm for our use. So far it's proving to be a great opertunity for those wishing to have the use of a telephoto lens though it is a manual focus solution. I'm still using the 1.4 firmware so I can't wait to see what others can do when digital zoom is applied to this combination.[/QUOTE

I'm looking to get the Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. . How did you like that one? should I be concerned the O.I.S doesn't with the X5?

Hello. I recently purchased Sigma 30mm DN ART F2.8 lens because i thought ppl have been able to use it with x5. It just fits there, very snug fit. Autofocus works from go app decently, but the problem is that when I take photo the screen goes black and nothing happens. If i take video this doesn't happen. Go app version 3.1.58 and ac 1.8

Recently I had to use Panasonic 35-100 for photography work and it did relatively well at first but on my second battery all photos are distorted with heavy color aberration.
Any ideas why this is happening? All photos from the first flight are ok.
first battery
DJI_0085.jpg
second battery
DJI_0093.jpg

Recently I had to use Panasonic 35-100 for photography work and it did relatively well at first but on my second battery all photos are distorted with heavy color aberration.
Any ideas why this is happening? All photos from the first flight are ok.
first battery
View attachment 28307
second battery
View attachment 28308

Typically, a power cycle or two clears it up on mine.

Reactions: niki

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbair