Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Zenmuse X5 for Professional Productions

Reaction score
Hey all, thought this may be of use. A colleague of mine (Phil) has wrote a couple of pieces on aerial filming that may be of interest. His first is about a day shooting on a professional production, which was followed up by a hands-on with the DJI Inspire Pro.

Phil has a lot of experience working on various film sets with numerous Directors. Phils originally an S800 user but has now been converted to a DJI Inspire Pro due to various advantages which he mentions in his blogs.

If anyone has any questions just let me know and I'll get him on the forum to answer.

Reactions: Figbar and dronie
Both are great articles and provide a useful insight into the reality of working professionally and the quality that the new Inspire Pro delivers.

It's a definite bonus for RC Geeks to have professionally qualified UAV pilots working with them. I should know as I bought both my Inspire 1 and X5 camera body kit from them and they are more than happy to answer any technical questions about how to set up the equipment.

Reactions: RCGeeks
Both are great articles and provide a useful insight into the reality of working professionally and the quality that the new Inspire Pro delivers.

It's a definite bonus for RC Geeks to have professionally qualified UAV pilots working with them. I should know as I bought both my Inspire 1 and X5 camera body kit from them and they are more than happy to answer any technical questions about how to set up the equipment.

Thanks Cyclops :)

Hi. In his blog post he mentions "The factory default settings for the gimbal speeds are very high and the gains for the aircraft are also too high" would he mind sharing what he feels are the right settings for gains. I have my gimbal speed set to 30 which seems ok but would like to know what he thinks.

Hi. In his blog post he mentions "The factory default settings for the gimbal speeds are very high and the gains for the aircraft are also too high" would he mind sharing what he feels are the right settings for gains. I have my gimbal speed set to 30 which seems ok but would like to know what he thinks.

I'll confirm these tomorrow.

Thanks

Hi Cyclops,
Thank you for the feedback, I'm glad you found the articles helpful.
Feel free to make any suggestions for future blog posts that you or other members may find helpful. Or, if you have any quick questions feel free to give us a call or email me directly at [email protected]

Hi Cyclops,
Thank you for the feedback, I'm glad you found the articles helpful.
Feel free to make any suggestions for future blog posts that you or other members may find helpful. Or, if you have any quick questions feel free to give us a call or email me directly at [email protected]

Hi Phil, can you see my post above and let us know what you feel are the best gain setting are

I also found the article interesting, thank you.
I can also vouch for RCGeeks as I have bought all my equipment from them and they also hold spares in stock as well.

Hi Richard,
I've taken a few screen shots to help explain my current gimbal settings and they are as follows...
Gimbal Expos.PNG Gimbal Speed Settings.PNG
These settings are for my cam-op when using a two-man-set up.
If I was to operate solo, I'd adjust the gimbal tilt speed to 30.

Now for the settings of the Inspire, I have them set as the following...
Gain & Expo Tuning.PNG Gain & Expo Tuning - Sensitivty.PNG Gain & Expo Tuning - Gains.PNG

It's worth noting that I use these settings because they work for me as I'm often capturing smooth cinematic shots. If you were to be racing around a track getting fast, dynamic shots of cars it would be a different story.
There are no 'best' settings, it depends what flight and gimbal characteristics works best for you and your situation.
Hope that helps though and gives you a good benchmark to work from.

Hi Richard,
I've taken a few screen shots to help explain my current gimbal settings and they are as follows...
View attachment 4729 View attachment 4730
These settings are for my cam-op when using a two-man-set up.
If I was to operate solo, I'd adjust the gimbal tilt speed to 30.

View attachment 4733 View attachment 4732 View attachment 4731

It's worth noting that I use these settings because they work for me as I'm often capturing smooth cinematic shots. If you were to be racing around a track getting fast, dynamic shots of cars it would be a different story.
There are no 'best' settings, it depends what flight and gimbal characteristics works best for you and your situation.
Hope that helps though and gives you a good benchmark to work from.

Brilliant thank you. I also prefer the smooth cinematic type shots so will give these a go weather permitting at the weekend.

A long time I want to make the flight smoother Inspire but was afraid to tinker in the settings. Thank you for sharing your settings! I will test this weekend.

Since you have more access to equipment, will be that you could make a comparison between the cameras x3 and x5?

A comparative look like this, using the same image and the same lighting condition, without flight: Pro Video Coalition - DJI Aerial Camera Comparisons in 4K and 60p

Movie few seconds, pause the video, capture the frame by Premiere (frame full size) and save to JPG.

All comparative've seen so far do not show the same image or are comparative exported to YouTube. YouTube reduces the resolution and we can not see the real differences.

Thanks!!

A long time I want to make the flight smoother Inspire but was afraid to tinker in the settings. Thank you for sharing your settings! I will test this weekend.
Since you have more access to equipment, will be that you could make a comparison between the cameras x3 and x5?
A comparative look like this, using the same image and the same lighting condition, without flight: Pro Video Coalition - DJI Aerial Camera Comparisons in 4K and 60p
Movie few seconds, pause the video, capture the frame by Premiere (frame full size) and save to JPG.
All comparative've seen so far do not show the same image or are comparative exported to YouTube. YouTube reduces the resolution and we can not see the real differences.
Thanks!!
Hi Djalma,
I hear what your saying and it is something we may test in the future if we find the time.
In the time being, I know it's not exactly what your after but Philip Lima did this comparison video between the X3 and X5 cameras which you may find interesting

Thanks for your info, Phil. Very helpful...this is why this forum is so great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz