Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Introduction...

Reaction score
Hey doods!

I'm not new to forums or the Inspire forum, but I am a new caretaker for M600 Pro, as my business partner just purchased one for his Phantom LiDAR setup. Since "drone care" is basically my job, I thought I'd introduce myself.

Thought I HAVE set up and flown other M600 Pro's, my experience with these birds is limited.

My objective is to avoid issues that some of you may have experienced in the field.

I believe the bird has firmware version (v1.00.01.6x?). I'm sure it's not the latest version, but it's close to the latest. I'll know more specifics after today.

For various reasons, I use Go App v3.1.1, which I tested on the other M600's I had set up, but not on my partner's.

As you can imagine, MOST of this bird's flight time will be automated. Initial tests were done with MapPilot Business (v2.9.2). I imagine 90% of our missions will be done with this app. We may use GS Pro at some point, but I kind of doubt it.

Anyway....I see there are a ton of posts so I'm going to plow through as many as I can and I look forward to jabber-jawin' with you guys.

D

Reactions: RCOverload
Hey Donnie!

While it may be a bit overdue for an upgrade, we absolutely love the way the M600 flies. We still have an original around the showroom at the store. It does not see much use but everyone likes to ask about it.

As you dig through the different posts, let us know if we can help. One of the most common things we get asked is about adding an FPV camera to it. Its pretty easy and I am sure we have a post about it on here somewhere.

LIDAR is a fantastic use for this bird.....

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Hey doods!

I'm not new to forums or the Inspire forum, but I am a new caretaker for M600 Pro, as my business partner just purchased one for his Phantom LiDAR setup. Since "drone care" is basically my job, I thought I'd introduce myself.

Thought I HAVE set up and flown other M600 Pro's, my experience with these birds is limited.

My objective is to avoid issues that some of you may have experienced in the field.

I believe the bird has firmware version (v1.00.01.6x?). I'm sure it's not the latest version, but it's close to the latest. I'll know more specifics after today.

For various reasons, I use Go App v3.1.1, which I tested on the other M600's I had set up, but not on my partner's.

As you can imagine, MOST of this bird's flight time will be automated. Initial tests were done with MapPilot Business (v2.9.2). I imagine 90% of our missions will be done with this app. We may use GS Pro at some point, but I kind of doubt it.

Anyway....I see there are a ton of posts so I'm going to plow through as many as I can and I look forward to jabber-jawin' with you guys.

D
I fly the M600 with dual GPS which is very similar to the M600 Pro. The biggest issue I’ve had is getting the RoninMX balanced for smooth video with the Sony a7RII/Metabones/Canon EF glass. I solved the problem with a Cinemilled camera base plate and weights. According to others who’ve had the same jello problem, the Sony is too light without the added weights. At some point my CrystalSky displays became compatible with the M600 RC and that was a major plus for my outdoor eyes.

I fly the M600 with dual GPS which is very similar to the M600 Pro. The biggest issue I’ve had is getting the RoninMX balanced for smooth video with the Sony a7RII/Metabones/Canon EF glass. I solved the problem with a Cinemilled camera base plate and weights. According to others who’ve had the same jello problem, the Sony is too light without the added weights. At some point my CrystalSky displays became compatible with the M600 RC and that was a major plus for my outdoor eyes.

Good to know. For now we're just doing LiDAR. I'm thinking of *maybe* mounting a X5R to it just in case something comes up and the client requires RAW. It would be nice to have 30 minutes fly time with a RAW camera. But I digress... For now we're just doing LiDAR.

CloseUp-2.jpg

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens