Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

why not, no sarcasm.

Reaction score
This setup is now into real helicopter rental territory price.

How is the no fly zone thing working out? That alone should be enough reason why anyone with this kind of budget to say no to this professional setup.

Man will this one hurt the wallet with a software glitch battery shutdown or fly away. Anything causing a crash.

last observation, no zoom.
This platform is far from reliable enough for anyone with enough time to post on here to afford the risk with that kind of money into a camera.

This setup is now into real helicopter rental territory price.
If you consider buying the kit, using it for one day and throwing it away then yep you're pretty spot on.
No need to worry about crashes, probability to crash in the couple of hours you could fly it in that day is pretty low.

Plus you can squeeze into the lowest and tightest spots not manageable by any craft and sustain stability for that MAGIC NON BLURRED SHOT[emoji6]

Reactions: sirnikolas
last observation, no zoom.

As a professional STILL Photographer, I will say that your FEET are the best zoom....if you need to be closer...just walk closer! If you need to be further away....just walk further away!

With the Inspire....while in the air....if you need to zoom in, that is the stick on the right...push is forward! :D IF you need to zoom out....pull it back.....

I have never fully understood the desire for a ZOOM lens on these flying cameras.....we have so much to think about as it is....now we have added focus, aperture, over and under exposure, etc....I can't imagine adding ZOOM.....who would use it??? Other than someone flying far away who wants to get a closer look and still be out of "shot gun" range. :D

Kirk

As a professional STILL Photographer, I will say that your FEET are the best zoom....if you need to be closer...just walk closer! If you need to be further away....just walk further away!
I'm surprised that as a "professional still photographer" you're not able to understand the difference in perspective between a wide angle lens at close distance and narrower one at greater distance.

DSC00828_s.jpg

DSC00825_s.jpg

Not everybody is always happy with the former, but oh well... It's good for us that some don't understand, we get to offer something more original than 90% of the pack who are happy with the same perspective than everybody else :p

Last edited:
I'm surprised that as a "professional still photographer" you're not able to understand the difference in perspective between a wide angle lens at close distance and narrower one at greater distance.

View attachment 3599

View attachment 3598

Not everybody is always happy with the former, but oh well... It's good for us that some don't understand, we get to offer something more original than 90% of the pack who are happy with the same perspective than everybody else :p

Oh I get it....didn't you read on their advertisement that you can change the lenses????? That is how you get a different perspective!!!

Kirk

View attachment 3599

View attachment 3598

Not to mention that in landscape shots (probably the most common with Inspires and Phantoms), the 'stick on the right' zoom would mean a 1 km (or more) forward push.. hard to do when you are already on the range limit and afraid of losing radio signal.

Oh I get it....didn't you read on their advertisement that you can change the lenses????? That is how you get a different perspective!!!

That is one way (well, would be if there were actually any supported lenses with a sufficiently different FL, which there isn't), but that doesn't have to be the only one, having a zoom is just so much more convenient than having to land, change lens, balance the gimbal, then take off again.

Oh, and perspective changes during the shot are kinda interesting too.

My wife operates camera on a helicopter about 5-8 times a year on average. I think it's about $10K a day for the chopper, pilot and cineflex. Admittedly, the camera she uses is better than anything the Inspire is carrying.

As for Kirk's comment, yes, you can move in closer. But if the effect that you need requires the compression that a telephoto provides, you cannot achieve that effect on the current platform.

Reactions: Phatzo and Kilrah

With the Inspire....while in the air....if you need to zoom in, that is the stick on the right...push is forward! :D IF you need to zoom out....pull it back.....

I have never fully understood the desire for a ZOOM lens on these flying cameras.....we have so much to think about as it is....now we have added focus, aperture, over and under exposure, etc....I can't imagine adding ZOOM.....who would use it??? Other than someone flying far away who wants to get a closer look and still be out of "shot gun" range. :D

Kirk
100% in agreement

Reactions: Phatzo and kcobello
Just a simple illustration showing that moving closer is quite different from using a telephoto against a wide angle lens.

And for landscape distances, the "moving closer" can be too much, for sure much more than in a typical portrait shot.

Attachments

• Camera_Lens.jpg
    Camera_Lens.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Phatzo
As I said, who cares how good these new cameras are. If the i1 software remains as glitch as it is and no solution around no fly zones then having 4-8000 rig that may or may not work is pointless. FIX the massively important problems with the software and remove no fly zones and then this over priced camera might be something to buy used 2 years from now.

As I said, who cares how good these new cameras are. If the i1 software remains as glitch as it is and no solution around no fly zones then having 4-8000 rig that may or may not work is pointless. FIX the massively important problems with the software and remove no fly zones and then this over priced camera might be something to buy used 2 years from now.

I would like to know why you want the no fly zone restriction removed?

Also for my own education, what are the software glitches you are referring to?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz