Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Canon ME20 on Matrice 600 Pro

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a film project coming up that requires night filming and production wants to use the Canon ME20, their 4,000,000 ISO camera. My thought was to mount it to my M600/Ronin-MX combo. Interesting thing with the ME20 is that it doesn't have any internal memory storage, so I have to run the camera to a monitor (I'm using an Atomos Shogun) to record footage. I don't actually have the camera in hand as production is sourcing it from a rental house for the shoot so I've been testing other cameras, trying to run an HDMI out from camera to Atomos, then trying to plug in HDMI from M600 frame into Atomos out, hoping to get image transmission to my monitor on the controller. I haven't had any luck so far, and when I plug in the M600 HDMI to the Atomos, it says Monitor Output not supported on the Atomos screen. My next thought was to try and run the M600 HDMI cable straight into camera to see if that will work but oddly enough, I don't have any cameras with HDMI inputs laying around (either micro HDMI or SDI).

Anyone here tried this setup or have any advice? I will also mention that I'm fairly new to the M600 setup so I could be missing something glaringly obvious. Thanks for any help!

Hi all,

I have a film project coming up that requires night filming and production wants to use the Canon ME20, their 4,000,000 ISO camera. My thought was to mount it to my M600/Ronin-MX combo. Interesting thing with the ME20 is that it doesn't have any internal memory storage, so I have to run the camera to a monitor (I'm using an Atomos Shogun) to record footage. I don't actually have the camera in hand as production is sourcing it from a rental house for the shoot so I've been testing other cameras, trying to run an HDMI out from camera to Atomos, then trying to plug in HDMI from M600 frame into Atomos out, hoping to get image transmission to my monitor on the controller. I haven't had any luck so far, and when I plug in the M600 HDMI to the Atomos, it says Monitor Output not supported on the Atomos screen. My next thought was to try and run the M600 HDMI cable straight into camera to see if that will work but oddly enough, I don't have any cameras with HDMI inputs laying around (either micro HDMI or SDI).

Anyone here tried this setup or have any advice? I will also mention that I'm fairly new to the M600 setup so I could be missing something glaringly obvious. Thanks for any help!

I'm new to the M600 as well. But going off memory, there is a page that assigns video resource to different inputs on the M600....which I believe parses out FOUR different input sources. I believe it ALSO assigns resource to the RC's outputs, as well. DJI's nomenclature is anything but intuitive. Instead of using intuitive words like "input" and "output," they use terminology that has nothing to do with input or output. I had to mess with it to get our FPV camera to work (using our M600 Pro for LIDAR). Because of the Chinenglish they use, I had to literally guess which buttons to press and which sliders to slide. I wish I had a screen capture for you, but I don't have the bird with me. Mess with that page.

D

Reactions: jeffbhester
I'm new to the M600 as well. But going off memory, there is a page that assigns video resource to different inputs on the M600....which I believe parses out FOUR different input sources. I believe it ALSO assigns resource to the RC's outputs, as well. DJI's nomenclature is anything but intuitive. Instead of using intuitive words like "input" and "output," they use terminology that has nothing to do with input or output. I had to mess with it to get our FPV camera to work (using our M600 Pro for LIDAR). Because of the Chinenglish they use, I had to literally guess which buttons to press and which sliders to slide. I wish I had a screen capture for you, but I don't have the bird with me. Mess with that page.

D

Thanks so much Donnie, was finally able to figure it out and all good on that front. However, now I'm having a separate issue where I'm not getting any gimbal control (ronin-mx) from the controller or DJI Go app. I have the can cable plugged into the can port on the A3 controller and the other end in the can2 port on the ronin but when I fire up the m600 pro, it just reads gimbal disconnected in the app and I don't have the option to manipulate any gimbal settings. When the drone is powered off, I can see a gimbal option in the app and can manipulate, but once I power on and connect to drone, it disappears. The unit came wired for an X5 gimbal and had the 2 cables attached for that setup, could there be something still wired for that setup that would be confusing the DJI Go app? Or have you ever had any issues like this or is there something glaringly obvious that I'm missing?

Thanks so much Donnie, was finally able to figure it out and all good on that front.

Good deal. It took me quite a while to figure out their nomenclature. Glad you got it going.

However, now I'm having a separate issue where I'm not getting any gimbal control (ronin-mx) from the controller or DJI Go app.

<stuff deleted to save bandwidth>

I haven't set up a Ronin yet, so I'm not going to be a lot of help on that front. However, based on your description, it sounds to me like you are missing a power connection. I believe CANBUS handles data and MAYBE some low power 5VDC peripherals. I'm sure the Ronin pulls too much current to be powered strictly through the CANBUS connection.

...is there something glaringly obvious that I'm missing?

What is sticking out like a sore thumb is no mention of a separate power connection.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103