Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

UK OM and Working Alone

Reaction score
UK specific please !!

This may be an ask too far given the way people rightly protect their OM's but I just wondered whether any of you would be willing (via PM?) to assist with wording for the nominated personnel of an OM, when working alone?

Probably better to communicate via PM should anyone be able to help.

Also, I've been asked to clarify the CoG and Balance Limitation of the Inspire in my OM. I know what Cog is, but have never come across the term Balance Limitation.

just pay an attorney to do it. will be worth the time.
An attorney wouldn't understand it (seriously) and in the UK it must be your own work product since you are tested on it and your flight assesement is based around it together with your own emergency procedures.

An attorney wouldn't understand it (seriously) and in the UK it must be your own work product since you are tested on it and your flight assesement is based around it together with your own emergency procedures.

sorry should have said drone consultant...

just google it. they are everywhere... and cheap now. they will guide you as much as you need. anyways... good luck! no idea how it is in the UK, but in the US the waiting period is over 6 months.

You can put an observer in and nominate someone... They don't have to have a BNUC
That's what I have....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too - they got my renewal PFAW all sorted with no extra charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renewed your PFAW for no more than the fee payable to the CAA?

No admin fee etc?

FYI
Just phoned EuroUSC and they do not renew your PFAW for you for just the fee to the CAA.

You have to do it yourself if you do not want the BNUCs-at a cost of £55

To renew PFAW/EURO USC they require £55 for CAA and £75 for BNUCs then they will send it away for you.

Looks like you got lucky before they changed the rules regarding extra fees etc

Shame -was impressed at Euro USC for a few days......

FYI
Just phoned EuroUSC and they do not renew your PFAW for you for just the fee to the CAA.

You have to do it yourself if you do not want the BNUCs-at a cost of £55

To renew PFAW/EURO USC they require £55 for CAA and £75 for BNUCs then they will send it away for you.

Looks like you got lucky before they changed the rules regarding extra fees etc

Shame -was impressed at Euro USC for a few days......
Yes - whoever did it for free at Euro has now been sacked and sent out to the salt mines in Siberia where they will spend the rest of their days in servitude. Pictures of the poor soul have been taken and posted on the staff notice board at EuroUSC as a stark reminder what will happen to them if they EVER give anything away or do anything for free!
What makes me laugh is they trick people into paying £75 for a worthless bit of paper/card and call that your BNUC.
These candidates acquired the requisite standard during their ground school and sat the exam. That's it - they do not need to give £75 each year for some cheap plastic ID card which is meaningless since the only thing you need is your current PFAW issued by the CAA.

Reactions: tweaker
Not to hijack the thread... What does OM mean?
Operations Manual.
For certified UAV operators in the UK a pilot must write an operations manual of around 40-60 pages covering all aspects of the UAV operation. This must be passed and lodged with the CAA.

Yes - whoever did it for free at Euro has now been sacked and sent out to the salt mines in Siberia where they will spend the rest of their days in servitude. Pictures of the poor soul have been taken and posted on the staff notice board at EuroUSC as a stark reminder what will happen to them if they EVER give anything away or do anything for free!
What makes me laugh is they trick people into paying £75 for a worthless bit of paper/card and call that your BNUC.
These candidates acquired the requisite standard during their ground school and sat the exam. That's it - they do not need to give £75 each year for some cheap plastic ID card which is meaningless since the only thing you need is your current PFAW issued by the CAA.

Yes but............when renewing your PFAW via the SRG1320 form directly with CAA, CAA ask for proof of your NQE qualification which needs to be renewed with EuroUSC annually (doesn't it?). In addition, obviously proof of insurance and flight log.
I got my PFAW initially through EuroUSC (i know, I know.....) and I renewed my membership with EuroUSC last year, just so they send me an updated 'worthless bit of plastic card and certificate' for me to forward with my SRG1320 application for renewal of my PFAW (as requested by CAA).
So, are you telling me that my initial exam and practical pass with EuroUSC is all that is required (ie BNUC)?
I therefore do not have to renew my membership with EuroUSC each year........if thats the case I can save £75.00 from them?

Surely if you add additional aircraft to your OP's manual (assumed still sub 7kg) you have to be tested on each individual sub 7kg UAV? Or being tested on one sub 7KG UAV (initially in my case DJI Phantom) would mean you are also able to fly say a DJI Inspire1 (still being sub 7KG) and not have to be additionally tested practically on the Inspire1.........as EuroUSC demand?
EuroUSC state that every additional aircraft you add to your manual you have to be tested on?

Mike

Yes but............when renewing your PFAW via the SRG1320 form directly with CAA, CAA ask for proof of your NQE qualification which needs to be renewed with EuroUSC annually (doesn't it?). In addition, obviously proof of insurance and flight log.
I got my PFAW initially through EuroUSC (i know, I know.....) and I renewed my membership with EuroUSC last year, just so they send me an updated 'worthless bit of plastic card and certificate' for me to forward with my SRG1320 application for renewal of my PFAW (as requested by CAA).
So, are you telling me that my initial exam and practical pass with EuroUSC is all that is required (ie BNUC)?
I therefore do not have to renew my membership with EuroUSC each year........if thats the case I can save £75.00 from them?

Surely if you add additional aircraft to your OP's manual (assumed still sub 7kg) you have to be tested on each individual sub 7kg UAV? Or being tested on one sub 7KG UAV (initially in my case DJI Phantom) would mean you are also able to fly say a DJI Inspire1 (still being sub 7KG) and not have to be additionally tested practically on the Inspire1.........as EuroUSC demand?
EuroUSC state that every additional aircraft you add to your manual you have to be tested on?

Mike
Absolutely NOT!
This is a lie perpetuated by EuroUSC for no other purpose than to generate income.
The CAA has categorically issued instructions that for additional sub 7kg aircraft added to a fleet no additional flight test is necessary.
This became apparent when someone crashed their Inspire and it was replaced through their insurance. Euro said because it was a different aircraft with a different serial number it had to go through them with another flight test.
This was and is total rubbish.
The ONLY thing you need for renewal of your PFAW are:
  • Current ops manual
  • Complete log showing up to 2 hrs flight time in the last 3 months
  • Proof of current insurance
  • Copy of your NQE pass certificates
  • SRG1320
  • Fee
That's it - no magic BNUCs card, no up to date paper from EuroUSC, in fact NOTHING from EuroUSC other than your original pass certificates/documents. There is no CAA requirements for annual retest or renewed cert in these catagories.
To hear these stories of the rubbish and lies EURO constantly come out with really incenses me. They are the ONLY NQE that tries to do this to their candidates.

Reactions: JasonUK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz