Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

object avoidance is disabled n RTH mode, is this correct?

Reaction score
hi

In the Matrice 100 firmware notes, it makes comment that guidance / object avoidance is disabled n RTH mode, is this correct?

We are thinking of getting a matrice 100 with guidance, but this seems strange that this is disabled in RTH mode? as this is a likely time when you want it on (during automated flight).

Thanks in advance if anyone has experience with this first hand.
Dave

The reason it is disabled is that it flies to a predetermined height upon initiating a return to home command. Usually around 100 feet for me, well above most obstacles in the way. Although you are correct in saying it would make perfect sense to have this function during the autonomous flight home. Here at FlyHighUSA we build Matrice's weekly and it is an amazing piece of equipment. I have mine set up to run the DJI X3 or the X5 simultaneously with the Flir Vue Pro utilizing dual live feeds. We are having a lot of fun building these. Let us know if you have any questions. We are happy to help

hi

In the Matrice 100 firmware notes, it makes comment that guidance / object avoidance is disabled n RTH mode, is this correct?

We are thinking of getting a matrice 100 with guidance, but this seems strange that this is disabled in RTH mode? as this is a likely time when you want it on (during automated flight).

Thanks in advance if anyone has experience with this first hand.
Dave
Yup - it's also disabled for RTH on the Phantom 4 as well.

Reactions: FlyHighUSA
Hi found this use of object avoidance for phantom 4 on RTH

We also had on of our pilots accidentally stop the rise to full RTH height during a loss of signal event with an intermittent signal throttle down 26% getting to uav while RTH altitude climb being undertaken. And uav came home at unintended height, creating a near miss event. So can see benefits in having on during RTH as shown in video above.

Thanks again
Dave

Uh? Seen active in the video above, and the presentation video also talked about that as a feature.
Yup, I agree. However, the presentations I have seen specifically addressed that issue and said it was non active (which I thought was odd at the time).
Maybe Ralph @FlyHighUSA could confirm this either way. I know this is an Inspire forum but would be nice to get confirmation for anyone considering a P4
Happy to be wrong on this one as to have it non active on RTH is daft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz