Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Matrice 100 firmware update bricked the device

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a DJI Matric 100 and yesterday I tried updating its firmware to version 1.3.1.
At first I tired updating with Assistant V2 using a pc, and everything was going fine until it failed with "connection error" and started beeping and the pc wont recognize the device anymore.
In Device Manager it shows up as an unrecognized device, and assistant does not recognize it either.

I tried updating it with X3 gimbal, by downloading firmware file into an sd card (BIN file) putting it into the camera and starting the drone. M100 starts to beep but after an hour nothing changes, and after inspecting the sd card I couldn't find the .txt file with results.

Can anyone suggest anything I could do? I really do need this device and right now it is basically bricked and useless.

Hi,

I have a DJI Matric 100 and yesterday I tried updating its firmware to version 1.3.1.
At first I tired updating with Assistant V2 using a pc, and everything was going fine until it failed with "connection error" and started beeping and the pc wont recognize the device anymore.
In Device Manager it shows up as an unrecognized device, and assistant does not recognize it either.

I tried updating it with X3 gimbal, by downloading firmware file into an sd card (BIN file) putting it into the camera and starting the drone. M100 starts to beep but after an hour nothing changes, and after inspecting the sd card I couldn't find the .txt file with results.

Can anyone suggest anything I could do? I really do need this device and right now it is basically bricked and useless.
Are you running the latest version of Assistant 2? (Version 2.0.8)

Hi,
I have my M100 sitting right next to me luckly enough, for a start which system are you using mac or Windows ?there is two versions of Assistant 2 for Matrice 2.0.8, if you using mac your wasting your time on v2.0.8 it will recognise the M100 but will not update firmware, only on M200 M210 M600. Google, DJI Download Center and it will give you all the info you need for version2.0.8 download etc, but Windows version not mac, I have just checked mine, my Aircraft is on v1.3.1.82 and update not needed. I hope i'v helped a bit, be patient you will get there. good luck mate

Hi,
I have my M100 sitting right next to me luckly enough, for a start which system are you using mac or Windows ?there is two versions of Assistant 2 for Matrice 2.0.8, if you using mac your wasting your time on v2.0.8 it will recognise the M100 but will not update firmware, only on M200 M210 M600. Google, DJI Download Center and it will give you all the info you need for version2.0.8 download etc, but Windows version not mac, I have just checked mine, my Aircraft is on v1.3.1.82 and update not needed. I hope i'v helped a bit, be patient you will get there. good luck mate
Hi,

I am using windows. I never noticed that there are several versions of Assistant 2 for different devices. Thank you very much! I will try tinkering a bit more and post the results later.

Thanks!

As per the release notes....you should be using the most recent version of Assistant 2 for your aircraft.

Just checked on the website, as far as I can understand the latest version of Assistant 2 that supports matrice 100 is 1.5.3.
Has anybody ever used Assistant for matrice 2.0.8 with matrice 100?

Just checked on the website, as far as I can understand the latest version of Assistant 2 that supports matrice 100 is 1.5.3.
Has anybody ever used Assistant for matrice 2.0.8 with matrice 100?

if you look at the Assistant 2 V 2.08 link posted by the Editor...that does NOT support Matrice 100.

Here is the link for Assistant 2 v. 1.2.5 that supports the M100: DJI Assistant 2- DJI Download Center- DJI
That URL follows from this page for the Matrice 100: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

if you look at the Assistant 2 V 2.08 link posted by the Editor...that does NOT support Matrice 100.

Here is the link for Assistant 2 v. 1.2.5 that supports the M100: DJI Assistant 2- DJI Download Center- DJI
That URL follows from this page for the Matrice 100: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

The first thing that I tried was using the Assistant 2 v. 1.2.5, which bricked the device. I have tried that multiple times so now I am not sure what to do.

The first thing that I tried was using the Assistant 2 v. 1.2.5, which bricked the device. I have tried that multiple times so now I am not sure what to do.
I checked with Ken Booth on the DJI Enterprise Facebook page and he says that the v1.2.5 if Assistant 2 is the correct one. Did you make sure to delete any other versions of Assistant 2 from your laptop before you installed the latest version? are you using Apple or Windows version?

I fixed the issue with an sd card update.
Turned out my sd card slot was not working (at some point someone might have tried putting an sd card backwards and broke the slot).
I jammed a toothpick with the sd card so the device could read it, put the firmware on it and it everything got updated in ~20 minutes.

When starting the drone with an sd card that contains an update, the sounds that gimbal makes should be different, that is how I figured it out.

I did some test flights and everything seems to work fine.

Still not sure why the assistant update bricked the device, but the sd card method seems to fix it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz