Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Locking x5 gimbal to inspire body

Reaction score
Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help. I got an Inspire 1 pro second hand and all is fine functionally so far. My one issue is with mounting the X5 camera and gimbal to the body. It doesn't seem to lock properly. I start with the mount connector (don't know the proper term) in the unlocked position, line everything up and then rotate towards the locked position. It will only go about half way there.

The camera seems quite secure but I don't want to risk it if its not normal, so looking for advice. And obviously I don't want to force it.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks,

Malcolm

You may want to check the tightness of the screws holding the contact plate on the camera as well as the rubber gasket. My X5 is nay as tight as the X3, but both require both hands to tighten. You

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help. I got an Inspire 1 pro second hand and all is fine functionally so far. My one issue is with mounting the X5 camera and gimbal to the body. It doesn't seem to lock properly. I start with the mount connector (don't know the proper term) in the unlocked position, line everything up and then rotate towards the locked position. It will only go about half way there.

The camera seems quite secure but I don't want to risk it if its not normal, so looking for advice. And obviously I don't want to force it.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks,

Malcolm
I had a similar challenge a few weeks ago with my new Inspire. The problem I was having was, behind the main gimbal connection on the mounting plate there is a tab that needs to fitted between 2 tabs on the back of the gimbal itself. You have to get the tabs in place before the gimbal with sit flush in the mount and allow you to turn the lock ring into full locked position.

Reactions: Lloyd
I had a similar challenge a few weeks ago with my new Inspire. The problem I was having was, behind the main gimbal connection on the mounting plate there is a tab that needs to fitted between 2 tabs on the back of the gimbal itself. You have to get the tabs in place before the gimbal with sit flush in the mount and allow you to turn the lock ring into full locked position.

Hey, that worked perfectly - I never noticed those two studs before (eyesight???).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbair