Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5 Mod to fit I2 or M210

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried modifying the I2 or M210 gimbal mount, to see if a legacy X5 would work using the same adapter that we use with the XT?

The adapter can fit the X5, and the X5 contains its own Sd Card (like the XT), so I was wondering if the only thing holding it back is the fact that the X5 gimbal cannot pivot and lock into place on the new mounts. BUT, if we hacked off one of the metal bars that is blocking it, I believe it would. Just wanted to see if anyone has/hasn't verified the actual functionality before I destroy a gimbal mount and go thru the switch out process.

Has anyone ever tried modifying the I2 or M210 gimbal mount, to see if a legacy X5 would work using the same adapter that we use with the XT?

The adapter can fit the X5, and the X5 contains its own Sd Card (like the XT), so I was wondering if the only thing holding it back is the fact that the X5 gimbal cannot pivot and lock into place on the new mounts. BUT, if we hacked off one of the metal bars that is blocking it, I believe it would. Just wanted to see if anyone has/hasn't verified the actual functionality before I destroy a gimbal mount and go thru the switch out process.
Covered previously - short answer no, it will not work.

X5 processing is done in camera and I2 processing done within aircraft.
Totally different communication bus protocols.

Covered previously - short answer no, it will not work.

X5 processing is done in camera and I2 processing done within aircraft.
Totally different communication bus protocols.

Thank you! Prob saved me from a destroyed gimbal mount!

2 quick follow on questions:
1) What about the m210?
2) Ths XT works on M210 and has onboard processing like the X5S.

Have you Personally been able to hook the X5 into a unit??

Thank you! Prob saved me from a destroyed gimbal mount!

2 quick follow on questions:
1) What about the m210?
2) Ths XT works on M210 and has onboard processing like the X5S.

Have you Personally been able to hook the X5 into a unit??
I haven't but.......

Didn't you ask the self same question(s) around a year ago regarding the Matrice?......

Good Memory!! Or good 'searching'... lol
Yah, I just can't convince myself that a Camera with onboard storage/processing and the proper attachment would NOT work on the M210. I do understand that the XT had to have a v2 modification so that it would work, so perhaps my dreams are a little too much. I may have to hack a gimbal mount though just to prove to myself.... I am just surprised that Somebody hasn't tried it yet. I mean, at least get it to lock into the gimbal and see what happens on the screen.... worth a shot. And, since the gimbal mount has 3 sets of 3 bars, I think it should still be fine for minimal vibration.

Good Memory!! Or good 'searching'... lol
Yah, I just can't convince myself that a Camera with onboard storage/processing and the proper attachment would NOT work on the M210. I do understand that the XT had to have a v2 modification so that it would work, so perhaps my dreams are a little too much. I may have to hack a gimbal mount though just to prove to myself.... I am just surprised that Somebody hasn't tried it yet. I mean, at least get it to lock into the gimbal and see what happens on the screen.... worth a shot. And, since the gimbal mount has 3 sets of 3 bars, I think it should still be fine for minimal vibration.
Of course with enough of knowledge, skills, time and persistence it may work, but why bother? Bypassing mediocre internal image processor of X5, connecting it's ancient sensor to a much more capable Inspire 2/M200 image processor will deliver substandard image quality anyway. But ... if you like challenges, go for it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbair