Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

DJI MFT 15mm 1.7 ASPH lens for X5

Reaction score
Anyone can shed some light on who is the likely OEM manufacturer for this? My guess is Panasonic since it's very close to specs to the Panasonic Lumix 15mm lens (although that has Leica all over it)

TIA!

Any new information on this? I've been comparing the two side by side and they seem identical:
DJI.jpg

The Panasonic is $50 cheaper, but I'd rather pay a bit extra if there is some benefit to the DJI.

I would rather buy my lens from a company that has a track record of manufacturing high-quality lenses.

It appears that the DJI lens is an OEM of the Panasonic lens, with $50 added to the price tag. The MFT lens & mount system has been around for years, with Panasonic a key member of the consortium. DJI isn't going to add anything at this point.

The only benefit, methinks, of getting the DJI kit is that should there be a malfunction of the unit (faulty lens mount and the lens takes a plunge mid-air) DJI will be obliged to replace it (I hope) It's still a brand new product that's not gone into the wild yet so will take my chances on other MFT lenses later. Just my 2 cents

I ordered the Leica branded lens. In our industry optics count for a lot. By optics I mean our clients seeing that we use high quality gear. Everyone knows Panasonic/Leica, it just adds a touch of legitimacy over the DJI-branded lens that is undoubtedly a rebranded Panasonic anyways.
My $0.02

I ordered the Leica branded lens. In our industry optics count for a lot. By optics I mean our clients seeing that we use high quality gear. Everyone knows Panasonic/Leica, it just adds a touch of legitimacy over the DJI-branded lens that is undoubtedly a rebranded Panasonic anyways.
My $0.02

I absolutely agree. Leica don't need any legitimising. When the client asks what kit are you using, replying that it's a MFT sensor with a Leica lens certainly adds credence.

How about the hood for the pano/leica, does it come with the lens when bought separately? It seems it is needed for balance when fitted on the gimbal. As shown on the dji rebranded.

How about the hood for the pano/leica, does it come with the lens when bought separately? It seems it is needed for balance when fitted on the gimbal. As shown on the dji rebranded.

The lens hood shown in the picture I posted earlier is the one that the Panasonic comes with, and also looks identical to the DJI hood.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz