Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Weird DJI 15mm lens behavior.

Reaction score
I put the DJI 15mm lens onto an Olympus Pen-F body and it was cantankerous to get it to work right. The camera was slow to respond to it verses my other Olympus lenses for some reason. Then I put it onto a new Olympus E1 Mark II body and it froze the camera up where even turning it off cause a slow response (It finally did shut off though.). Both bodies refuse to auto-focus with it too, but will manual focus (I tried the Auto/Manual switch too to no avail.).

Something must be different with the DJI/Panasonic 15mm lens where Olympus doesn't like to work with it. I can manually focus, but auto-focus doesn't work on either body for some reason too. I know Panasonic and Olympus both have lens version updates and Olympus can do a Panasonic lens update (and why i got the Pen-F body too.), but it doesn't like the DJI stock 15mm lens. I thought the DJI lens was much the same as the Panasonic 15mm, but something is different in it. Maybe Panasonic left something out that DJI didn't need and was a cost-cutting move?

Anyone else have an Olympus body to try their DJI 15mm lens on and see if it auto-focuses? Could be I have a bum (typical) DJI lens too although it focuses in the I2 with the Focus Wheel.

Hey Casey53, I can confirm I have the exact same behaviour with my DJI 15mm. Works fine on my EM-1, but won't work/kind of locks up my EM-1 MKII (exactly as you describe).
Made me think my MKII was broken the first time it happened.
Hopefully a firmware update? to the DJI lens will fix it in future.

Hey Casey53, I can confirm I have the exact same behaviour with my DJI 15mm. Works fine on my EM-1, but won't work/kind of locks up my EM-1 MKII (exactly as you describe).
Made me think my MKII was broken the first time it happened.
Hopefully a firmware update? to the DJI lens will fix it in future.

Weird huh?

I thought the DJI lens being a M43 lens would be compatible but it isn't for some reason. I've heard issues with some differences in the internal lens stabilization between Panasonic and Olympus lenses, but the DJI lens is another bird. Would like to take the Olympus bodies I have to a camera store and try a stock 15mm Panasonic lens on the the Olympus body and see if it locks it up as well. If it doesn't, DJI pulled some shenanigans someplace in the their lens.

Maybe Olympus will do a firmware update for it, but given it is a DJI branded lens probably not.

I have noticed that Olympus lenses work fine on Panasonic cameras but Panasonic lenses do not work well on Olympus cameras.

If you ever get into a store to try the Panasonic, Casey53, I'm pretty sure it will work fine and like you say DJI has done a shift on us.... Anyway, keep us in the loop & I will do likewise. Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens