Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5S Gimbal Bent

Reaction score
Hi All,

I crashed my Inspire 2 paired with the X5S recently, an unfortunate accident that many lessons were learned from (mostly situational awareness while using a 45 mm as a single operator). My Inspire hit a tree at about 30 mph, the X5S actually ripped off and landed on the shore of a lake. The Inspire fell into the water, and is being repaired now hopefully to some success. The X5S stayed perfectly dry, the lens I was using on it works fine, but the arm on the gimbal is bent, thus making the X5S imbalanced. I'm not totally sure if there is any internal damage in the sensor as I don't have a bird to try it on (though being off balance its useless even if there is no internal damage). Does anyone have any experience with getting a bent X5S gimbal repaired? Is it worth sending this to DJI or is it such a delicate piece that its not repairable? I'll be replacing it no matter what, but want to see if its possible to get this one repaired to keep as backup. (Or maybe there is someone out there interested in buying a damaged X5S?) Pictures attached. Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_1816.JPG
    IMG_1816.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1817.JPG
    IMG_1817.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1818.JPG
    IMG_1818.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
hi :)
i am sorry to hear the misshap...
i had a similar situation back in the days with my I1 and the x3. my problem was that the pan arm that connects to the bird and the roll axis was bent forward which prohibited the camera of full movement. i was either lucky or just good hand but in a vice i carefully bent it back wraped in a cloth...
try to check where exactly it is bent as (for my part) i can not really make out the bent part. you seem to hold the roll axis off of center :)
cheers
hooe you get up soon again.

It is off center on its own, that is the bent part. The way I am holding it the arm should normally be straight up, but it is to the side from the crash. Its a strange bend to show well on camera. I will try to take a better photo when I get home in a bit to show it better. Even if i attempted to bend it back, i feel as if i could not achieve a perfect balance. I could be wrong, maybe it doesn't need to be that precise, but my instinct with this is that the slightest bit off and I would be running into issues.

As far as I know DJI does not sell X5S parts so you have to send it into DJI for repair. That being said, I would try bending it back first because you really don't have much to lose at this point. I'm guessing the repair would be less than $100 if all the internals are all still intact.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everrest