Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Matrice 30 battery error

Reaction score
I bought a pair of used TB30 batteries for my Matrice M30 from Adorama. They were rated as Excellent+ so I was hopeful that I could get a couple of good used batteries to add to my stable for a price almost $100 less than new for each.

Both report 0 charge/discharge cycles and charge and discharge properly and work in the drone. However, one of them reports this error:

“Battery Voltage Sensor Error - Fly with Caution. Battery voltage sensor error (0x16090094). Return to home or land promptly. Check if battery is water damaged, connector corroded, or other damage occurred.”

This battery shows no signs of damage or corrosion. It's been used since there are marks on the body that come from being inserted in the charging bays in the battery bank and the drone. 0 charge cycles doesn't mean it's never been used since, according to DJI, charge cycles are counted only when the batteries have been discharged below 50% and recharged.

I've updated the firmware for everything, and the batteries were also updated to the latest firmware. I've run a refresh cycle and still get the error message.

Is this kind of problem repairable? Or is the battery toast?

I'm already scared to buy any used electronics but batteries would be the ultimate "no way" for me. I'm sure there are honest people out there just selling their used gear and everything is good but as a buyer, you just know. I'll pay the higher price for new batteries especially since an in-flight failure could potentially bring the drone down. Good luck though.

Reactions: licensed pilot
I'm already scared to buy any used electronics but batteries would be the ultimate "no way" for me. I'm sure there are honest people out there just selling their used gear and everything is good but as a buyer, you just know. I'll pay the higher price for new batteries especially since an in-flight failure could potentially bring the drone down. Good luck though.
Haha - yes - that's always the best advice. I contacted DJI and this battery is still under warranty and they will repair or replace without issue. One of the reasons I wasn't so worried is that this drone has 2 batteries and a failure in one still leaves the other operating to get you down safely.
This was a new thing for me. With batteries costing $1000 CDN per pair, I was looking for ways to expand my stable of batteries for less money if at all possible.

Reactions: GsquaredAerials

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103