Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5R Sample Video

Looks great. I'd love to see a split-screen with the 60 MBPS footage written to the SD card.

And since my X5R was delivered today, I suppose I could do that myself tomorrow...

Reactions: damoncooper
Btw...although this was a simple hack job, with just import, edit, hack around with RAW footage in Premiere, play with color, export....

Editing was shockingly smooth and liquid on my 2013 MBP. Even renders were fast. WTF. I thought 4K RAW footage was some kind of scary beast best tackled with some kind of supercomputer for those with Spielberg on speed dial.

Pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Boylan
Forgot to mention settings and workflow:

Shutter speed: 60, Fps: 30, ISO: 100, AE, Auto Focus, AWB, PolarPro ND8PL filter. Shot in RAW.

Used the 12mm lens.

Imported as Premiere-friendly CinemaDNG, used directly in Adobe Premiere.

Exported as YouTube 4K preset but at max color depth, 100Mbps target and max bitrate.

Hope that helps. Like I said, editing was shockingly fluid and responsive. No different than editing footage from my X3 camera. Maybe even faster!

Render time however was about 4 hours on my 2013 MacBook Pro. I did have some transitions and watermark applied so I'm guessing that was the reason.

Hope that helps. Hit me with any questions you might have. It's an amazing camera! Very impressed.

And lastly - I've enabled direct download so you can watch it without any streaming artifacts. Just login to Vimeo and click the download link under the video:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460463937.517162.jpg

DJI X5R Sample. Quickly and imperfectly color corrected in Adobe Premiere using the LUT color panel, just a touch of sharpness added. Focus and horizon tilt issues are mine, sorry. Encoded at 100Mbps 4K.

Looks like it's so easy to do specialy when you're doing this and I know there are so many obstacles to achieve this result, for me it will be much different.
Anyway, excellent results in a short time. Make me much optimistic.

could you post some where the raw dng sequence? or post a video of how much you can actually push the edits in something like resolve?

Ok here is a RAW clip from the camera, part of which was used in the above video. It's a 4GB download, but straight from the X5R camera. You'll need to use CineLight to export this to the Premiere-friendly CinemaDNG format to import it in Premiere.

Dropbox - DJI_A00674_C004_20160410.zip

Reactions: Luis Morales
played a little bit with this, image is very noisy.

this is the original image.
Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 9.10.56 PM.png

this is a quick grade using resolve 12
Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 9.10.18 PM.png

i found the image was slightly out of focus. looks to me that is pretty similar to X5 images, thought obviously less compressed. except for noisy and focus i found no artefacts.

image playback was smooth of an imac 5k early 2016 full specs (real time, almost real time when the grade was done).

FYI i did not went thought cinelight to get the footage into resolve. it just imported fine.

played a little bit with this, image is very noisy.

this is the original image.
View attachment 7868

this is a quick grade using resolve 12
View attachment 7869

i found the image was slightly out of focus. looks to me that is pretty similar to X5 images, thought obviously less compressed. except for noisy and focus i found no artefacts.

image playback was smooth of an imac 5k early 2016 full specs (real time, almost real time when the grade was done).

FYI i did not went thought cinelight to get the footage into resolve. it just imported fine.

Focus is likely my issue. Still learning the X5R from X3.

Reactions: QuentinVisualFilms
Thanks a lot again for the test. I rendered a ProRes out of the DNG files and increased the brightness a little bit to judge the noise in the shadows. Looks really good, 1000 times better than the footage from my X5!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham