Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5 on a different copter

Reaction score
Does anyone know if and how I could use X5 on a different copter than the inspire?

X5 is exactly what I have been looking for - but I need a hexa or octo to be allowed to fly in Austria...

At the moment I have a Rosewhite Jordana built as X8 + DJI A2 FC.

Thank you Chris

Thank you for the fast awnser! I just asked DJI and got the same awnser!
If anybody finds a workaround please let me know!

Thank you Chris

I think the workaround is: wait for DJI to bring the Inspire's flight, video, camera, and gimbal systems to the S800/S900/S1000 range. It seems inevitable at this point.

Reactions: Rainbowers
I think the workaround is: wait for DJI to bring the Inspire's flight, video, camera, and gimbal systems to the S800/S900/S1000 range. It seems inevitable at this point.

From what I gather...the n1 will only work with quad platforms

i´ve heard that maybe lightbridge 2 will be able to control the X5...

inspire already has that lightbridge tech

Today I saw some videos of the Tornado H920 with the GH4, a trustful camera. Footage not to compare with the X5 ! And flying time with 3 batteries > 20 minutes ! Will be hard for DJI to compete Yuneec ! I will call them today for their future updates, seems they are very friendly and excellent customer service.

The GH4 has some problems compared to the X5:
- how do you adjust exposure?
- it´s heavy
- in fast flights it´s not aerodynamic
- no raw

The GH4 has some problems compared to the X5:
- how do you adjust exposure?
- it´s heavy
- in fast flights it´s not aerodynamic
- no raw
All exposure settings can be done from RC, even zoom with specific lens (all data output from usb port linked with RC)
Heavy not a problem for H920
75km/h is fast enough and with 3 batteries > 20 minutes: real time for good exposure and flight tracing.
Raw is eating too much disk space, a 100Mbps in 4K or 200 in 1080p is OK
... and having an extra camera delivered with a 3 axis portable gimbal is not bad.

do you know how to change exposure on a copter which uses DJI A2 + GH4?
I have an exellent Copter (Rosewhite Jordana) - but need the ability to change aperture on the GH4!

do you know how to change exposure on a copter which uses DJI A2 + GH4?
I have an exellent Copter (Rosewhite Jordana) - but need the ability to change aperture on the GH4!
I only have the I1, but looking for alternatives with proved quality before spending around USD 5000 to 9000. I do not have a GH4 for real interested to have beside my other video cameras (Sony), it is not a waste of money the H920 combination. Having more as 1km lightbrigde possibility is for me not important. I like to keep an eye on the bird.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz