Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5 filters & lens hoods?

Reaction score
Hey, Lately I've been using a variable ND filter on the 15mm lens - however I can't get the lens hood on with the filter on. Anyone got any workarounds? I guess I could buy a lens hood that screws into the filter maybe? or duct tape a lens hood? Just need something to avoid flare as the 15mm lens can get this horrible blue flare at the edges. Same issue with the olympus 45mm as seen here:

Hey, Lately I've been using a variable ND filter on the 15mm lens - however I can't get the lens hood on with the filter on. Anyone got any workarounds? I guess I could buy a lens hood that screws into the filter maybe? or duct tape a lens hood? Just need something to avoid flare as the 15mm lens can get this horrible blue flare at the edges. Same issue with the olympus 45mm as seen here:

Spacer ring?
46mm Fixed Spacer Ring | SRB-Photographic.co.uk

Reactions: dopeytree

What ND filter are you using with the MFT 15mm? I can do some research for you.

Ah-- I was about to ask you about your balancing with the ND filter. I do not see the weight on the listing. I only see the shipping weight:
  • Manufacturer: Shenzhen Zhuoer Photograph
  • Shipping Weight: 18
  • Product Dimensions: width: 5.43
    length: 5.91
    depth: 0.87
Without having the lens hood on, you are unable to verify if the X5 is balanced when powered off, correct? My guess it is ok. The ND you are using is not too expensive. Have you thought about using other NDs? I do not suggest taping the hood on for a number of reasons. I use a few different brands with no trouble with ND+Lens hood.

Last edited:
Turned off it balances perfectly with the lens hood off & this Variable ND filter (which is added onto of the default dji balance ring) I've misplaced the lens hood.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz