Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Very loud gimble noise and vibration

Reaction score
I unboxed my inspire 1 pro last night and after 4 hours of trying to get it to update DJI sent me to the chinese update page where they have an "isnpire 1 pro .bin" that finally worked. So I get that taken care of and turn the second remote on to test the movements and image. I turn the camera and notice a small buzzing when going across a certain spot. I go back and sit it on that spot and it vibrate viciously and makes a very loud buzzing (like metal on metal) Needless to say I am returning it to BH photo today for an exchange but was wondering if this is a bad sign?

DJI told me just now to fly it and turn the gimble 360 degrees to "break it in"

"You know, it sometimes corrects itself and stays that way forever

After a couple of continuous 360 degree turns of the gimbal

09:11:59
Preferably while in-flight

As that kind of "breaks in" the motors

If you have time you could of course always try that

In other words: get the gimbal to work for a living"

I exchanged the inspire 1 pro from BH photo for a next day shipped inspire 1 free of charge. sucks but thank god BH photo was very easy to deal with and I will have a new one tomorrow.

I exchanged the inspire 1 pro from BH photo for a next day shipped inspire 1 free of charge. sucks but thank god BH photo was very easy to deal with and I will have a new one tomorrow.

Good move. I think your gimbal was headed for failure. OTH, I have found my X5 gimbal much more tolerant than the H3-3D or X3 gimbals of accepting slight imbalances when mounting different lenses/filters/hoods.

I unboxed my inspire 1 pro last night and after 4 hours of trying to get it to update DJI sent me to the chinese update page where they have an "isnpire 1 pro .bin" that finally worked. So I get that taken care of and turn the second remote on to test the movements and image. I turn the camera and notice a small buzzing when going across a certain spot. I go back and sit it on that spot and it vibrate viciously and makes a very loud buzzing (like metal on metal) Needless to say I am returning it to BH photo today for an exchange but was wondering if this is a bad sign?

Mine was growling at first too. I now think it had something to do with camera settings. It came pinned to the highest ISO setting and 'auto' de-selected. That's the 'auto' on ISO. I re-set this to 'auto' and the growling went away.

Now I'm focused on dealing with 'auto' exposure hunting for settings while recording video--snapping back and forth, almost a flicker. But that's another thread.

Oh, and on 'calibrate lens'. This is on the tools portion of the 'menu' in camera settings. It isn't clear whether the calibration is in progress, is it done, or is it frozen? Follow instructions and hit OK. Then the AF/MF goes to MF, the yellow auto-focus square goes white and a distance scale appears. But then that's all. I left it alone for a while but nothing changed. The white auto-focus square and AF/MF didn't go back to normal until re-booting the I1. Is this normal?

Last edited:
I just received my Inspire 1 the other day and had been having a hard time getting the gimbal to stay level even after numerous calibrations. This was followed by jittery movements and very loud noises. Guess this means it's time for an RMA?

Gimbal Tilt Sounds:

Gimbal Sounds:

Startup Noises:

I received a second inspire 1 pro and I have the same issues but only when it first calibrate and before I fly it. it goes away after a few mins of flight. maybe it's warming up or breaking in. either way I have a 30 day return policy so I'll see if it stops

The strange part is that it did originally make the initial noises when I first turned it on for calibrating but it was only today that I heard the sounds you can hear in the video. It seems to be getting worse.

The strange part is that it did originally make the initial noises when I first turned it on for calibrating but it was only today that I heard the sounds you can hear in the video. It seems to be getting worse.
This is exactly how my X5 behaved its first day. Then I noticed that the rumble also got set off when I carried the I1 through a dark hallway on its way outside. I then checked the camera settings, and fiddled with ISO and the two 'auto' buttons. I think the ISO had been pegged at max, so I set it back to 200. The vibration and rumble never returned. It's been two weeks. Maybe coincidence but maybe not. I still have the 'flicker' during video as the camera adjusts exposure settings. (Not smooth transitions like with the X3.

I get no rumbles or vibration with mine on start up. Only issue I seem to have is when you manually use the control to rotate the camera when it reaches the point directly where it is directly facing the rear do I get that grating screeching noise.

Just wanted to add this. I had the screeching noise issue with my new X5. When I installed it the Go App never said it needed updating so I didn't do it and that's when I found the noise. Someone suggested I did the V1.0.0.30 update for Zenmuse X5 so I did it just now and guess what. Noise has completely gone!

I just bought an Inspire 1 Pro which had this screeching noise. I updated to the latest firmware and the noise is gone. Works and sounds great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz