Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Still Image X5, Inspire Pro

Reaction score
Website
www.kvphoto.com
OK...here is another still image done with the X5, Inspire 1 Pro.

I did shoot this at 2.2 again, still trying to compare it to the x3....but I guess I will just have to wait till tomorrow when I get my x3 back from repairs....I'm going to set up a test to do several images from different distances with the X3 and X5....then with various X5 f stops...

I will say that I am very happy with the results of the X5 so far.....what I'm seeing I'm liking.....

Your thoughts????

Kirk

PS, yes that is ME in the middle....I was teaching a photography class and I brought out the Inspire 1 to do the group photo of everyone....IT WAS A BIG HIT!!!!!

web.jpg

Reactions: Aubrey Martin
With the sensor being larger your don't need to go to 2.2 to get infinity focus. You actually want to bump up a bit. The X3 sensor is so small that their 2.8 aperture makes it infinity focus at that aperture. With the X5 you need to bump up a bit otherwise you will have a shallow depth of field.

Here's some great content to help understand the differences and why changing the aperture on the X5 is important on how light and how much light is needed. Note there are several articles to the right that cover a nice range of topics.

Understanding Sensor Crop Factors

Last edited:
With the sensor being larger your don't need to go to 2.2 to get infinity focus. You actually want to bump up a bit. The X3 sensor is so small that their 2.8 aperture makes it infinity focus at that aperture. With the X5 you need to bump up a bit otherwise you will have a shallow depth of field.

Here's some great content to help understand the differences and why changing the aperture on the X5 is important on how light and how much light is needed. Note there are several articles to the right that cover a nice range of topics.

Understanding Sensor Crop Factors

That is a great article...thank you for your post.

Nice. Looks like you have some post processing added to this shot yes? If so, what did the original look like? Toying with the idea of adding an X5 to one of my I1s. Got a plate gratis so all that's needed is the camera and gimbal... Just shy of hitting order.

Also waiting to see how the handheld product works (have that on order) once all the craziness dies down and the firmware is updated

Nice. Looks like you have some post processing added to this shot yes? If so, what did the original look like? Toying with the idea of adding an X5 to one of my I1s. Got a plate gratis so all that's needed is the camera and gimbal... Just shy of hitting order.

Also waiting to see how the handheld product works (have that on order) once all the craziness dies down and the firmware is updated

I did this for an organization I belong too and I gave them the raw files and the processed files.....it was NOT a paying gig...it was a FAVOR gig.....for that reason, I guess I deleted it from my system....I can't find the original.

But...all I did was tweak the color of the grass and exposure.....it really looked great!!!!

Kirk

Great picture Kirk, I too have the x5 and I am just getting the hang of it. This image was taken on my farm at about 200'. it has no post editing done at all 1rst pic Raw d-log Thoughts?DJI_0003.jpg DJI_0011.JPG The second picc is taken from about 150' DJI_0003.jpg

I couldn't resist giving your photo a little LightRoom lovin' Ralph.

22570282058_63fb3660c4_o.jpg

The stills i'm seeing out of the X5 are all looking really great. I still don't think it's enough of a jump to justify the huge cost premium...but that's probably because I don't have the money to spend on it.

Hi I have only just joined the forum
Has any got a comparison of an images from the go pro hero 3 compared to the Inspire 1 pro please or a useful link where i could see the difference

Thanks in advance

I will see if I can dig up some of my hero pics and post them vs the pro. I can tell you for sure there is no comparison between the two in my opinion. The Pro wins hands down across the board. It has a really nice cinematic look especially when used with the various lenses available like the 45 mm Olympus or the 12 mm Olympus. Also using the 14/42 lens you can zoom and focus on the fly. Really cool. I recently got in some DJI Follow Focus systems and wow the fine focus control is crazy good. Don't get me wrong I am a huge go pro fan but they are just different platforms. I'll see what I can find. If I can ever help in any way just ask.

Ralph

I will see if I can dig up some of my hero pics and post them vs the pro. I can tell you for sure there is no comparison between the two in my opinion. The Pro wins hands down across the board. It has a really nice cinematic look especially when used with the various lenses available like the 45 mm Olympus or the 12 mm Olympus. Also using the 14/42 lens you can zoom and focus on the fly. Really cool. I recently got in some DJI Follow Focus systems and wow the fine focus control is crazy good. Don't get me wrong I am a huge go pro fan but they are just different platforms. I'll see what I can find. If I can ever help in any way just ask.

Ralph
Thanks Ralph

I honestly didn't expect such a friendly response.

I currently fly the phantom 2 with hero 3 silver and have another phantom with the hero 4 black (5.4mm lens)

Sold the T960 last week to get funds towards the inspire 1 pro which is being delivered on the 19th Jan

I needed to move away from the hero's and up the game abut. We work with 47 UK agents a

Thanks Ralph

I currently fly the phantom 2 with hero 3 silver and have another phantom with the hero 4 black (5.4mm lens)

Sold the T960 last week to get funds towards the inspire 1 pro which is being delivered on the 19th Jan

I needed to move away from the hero's and up the game abut. We work with 47 UK Estate agents whom all except the hero's images but to get something except able means a lot of hard editing!

If you could send me a comparison that would be great and much appreciated! I'm going to be cheeky, if I sent you my email could you send me a raw image to play with? Please

King Regards
Chris

Thanks Ralph

I needed to move away from the hero's and up the game abut. We work with 47 UK agents a
Great to hear from you. Yeah I love the inspire Pro. I just came in from a test flight using the 14/42 lens and the DJI FOLLOW FOCUS system makes the focus work perfectly. I'm lucky I'm a dealer for DJI so I get to play with all the latest tech. If I can help in any way just let me know. We all have to help one another.
Respectfully
Ralph

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz