Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!
Reaction score
Anyone know if there's a way the controller can automatically deaden the yaw sensitivity as we zoom further and further? As we all know, at 200x, even a gnat bumping into the left stick, pans the drone way off the focused object. If not done automatically, could there be a custom button that's set to dull the sensitivity and then pushed again to return to normal? If this is not possible, does DJI take suggestions from pilots?

Anyone know if there's a way the controller can automatically deaden the yaw sensitivity as we zoom further and further? As we all know, at 200x, even a gnat bumping into the left stick, pans the drone way off the focused object. If not done automatically, could there be a custom button that's set to dull the sensitivity and then pushed again to return to normal? If this is not possible, does DJI take suggestions from pilots?
I've had similar frustrations trying to be smooth. I don't use 200x because the quality is so low. I went into the gimbal settings and lowered the sensitivity to a reasonable quantity. I didn't put it so low that I couldn't move more quickly at lower magnifications or with the wide lens. I find that I have control though if I push lightly on the control wheel. I can get it to pan smoothly at 20x which will likely be the most for my daily use. There's a ramp up in the control wheel that does allow for more control until you push it all the way, then it goes top speed.
Your suggestion is a good idea and you should share it with DJI. It would only require some firmware update to engage.
It would also be useful to have different User settings like on our digital cameras, U1, U2, U3 for different scenarios.

Reactions: GsquaredAerials
I've only had one flight with the 30T but do you know if each fly mode (N,S and F) has its own sensitivity settings like the Mavic series drones? I'm assuming they do.

I've only had one flight with the 30T but do you know if each fly mode (N,S and F) has its own sensitivity settings like the Mavic series drones? I'm assuming they do.
I don't think so. After lowering the sensitivity and reaction speeds I didn't see it change no matter what mode I was in. I find I'm driving it in Tripod mode almost all the time when I'm inspecting. I can still move pretty fast, but at least I have some control at lower accelerations. Gently leaning on the sticks moves the drone very smoothly in T mode.

Reactions: GsquaredAerials

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103