Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Seeking X5 Gimbal repair not replacement!

Reaction score
So while filming n.o.e. at high speed to give the illusion of a vehicle moving quickly I clipped a palm tree, yes pilot error. Afterward the gimbal would only shake like an alcoholic with epilepsy, no outward signs of damage but I could now feel friction in gimbal rotation, Scorpion Drones in Miami stated they don't repair gimbals just replace so I ordered one from DJI. I believe this gimbal is repairable so if anyone knows a business that can actually diagnose and repair the X5 gimbal please drop a post. I thank you in advance. Btw I am deliriously happy with my i1, dual remote package.

Mac, how much did they say it would cost to replace the gimbal? How much for parts and how much for labor?

Brian

So while filming n.o.e. at high speed to give the illusion of a vehicle moving quickly I clipped a palm tree, yes pilot error. Afterward the gimbal would only shake like an alcoholic with epilepsy, no outward signs of damage but I could now feel friction in gimbal rotation, Scorpion Drones in Miami stated they don't repair gimbals just replace so I ordered one from DJI. I believe this gimbal is repairable so if anyone knows a business that can actually diagnose and repair the X5 gimbal please drop a post. I thank you in advance. Btw I am deliriously happy with my i1, dual remote package.

I have repaired 500 or so Vision+ and Phantom 3 gimbals and know DJI systems like the back of my hand. I would be more than happy to take a look and see whats going on with it. You can find some of my work at USdronerepair.com and there is a facebook link there so you can see some of my latest work. More than likely you bent a motor shaft and that in turns breaks the brushless motor controller potentiometer, which I keep in stock.

Jeremy

I have repaired 500 or so Vision+ and Phantom 3 gimbals and know DJI systems like the back of my hand. I would be more than happy to take a look and see whats going on with it. You can find some of my work at USdronerepair.com and there is a facebook link there so you can see some of my latest work. More than likely you bent a motor shaft and that in turns breaks the brushless motor controller potentiometer, which I keep in stock.

Jeremy
U.S. Army was good enough for me 26Y 8/77 8/86, ets'd from the Big Red 1, Gold Star Parent, U.S. Marine Corp youngest daughter LCpl. 12/1/2012. I'll get it FedExed out this week. Thank you for your service and your response.

Reactions: burlbark
Can you email me Jeremy at [email protected] I need x5 gimbal repair asap

Jeremy

When will someone get a decent qty of commonly used spares for these X5 Gimbals into their stock? As Jeremy knows (I sent my X5 to him some months ago now and it was returned) I am now seeking a "New" Yaw Motor. A well documented and priced parts listing on a website of reverse engineered parts would be a great service to all DJI users. One source I found was the parts breakdown for an X5 Gimbal repair that listed the yaw motor at only US$24. I just cannot find out which repair shop this is, so an

X5-Gimbal-Repair-Parts-List.jpeg

Reactions: MedicFL1
X5 yaw motor was loose with up and down play causing it to spasm, then quit ...
Couldn't find parts so sent it to DJI California for repair.
The yaw motor hangs by a small spindle and all three motors have magnetized nuts that must be adjusted for North.
Just sent it in a couple of days ago so it will be interesting to see the turnaround time.
UPS ground = 5 business days to California so there's 10 days right there.

Hey I have an X5 with a similar situation. My Camera is in oerfect condition, it records and transmits to the sd card , the only problem is the gimbal won’t follow directions, it won’t move if you try it with the remote, it only moves if you move it by hand. I got curious and opened and there is a connection which I guess is the gimbal signal sender or something and it’s broken inside. Are you guys able to repair it? How much? By the way I bought the camera like that .
Thanks

When will someone get a decent qty of commonly used spares for these X5 Gimbals into their stock? As Jeremy knows (I sent my X5 to him some months ago now and it was returned) I am now seeking a "New" Yaw Motor. A well documented and priced parts listing on a website of reverse engineered parts would be a great service to all DJI users. One source I found was the parts breakdown for an X5 Gimbal repair that listed the yaw motor at only US$24. I just cannot find out which repair shop this is, so an

View attachment 16603

Update - Got my X5 repaired (FINALLY). Local (West Australian) company at Jandakot Airport (Look it up on Google Earth). It's not their focus, they are an avionics repair shop, but they are interested in breaking into drone repairs generally. If anyone is interested drop me an email and I will put you in touch.

I have an X5 camera that I am trying to repair. The yaw motor has a small ribbon cable that is separated from the motor windings. Does anybody have a source for this motor?

Attachments

• IMG_1668.jpg
    IMG_1668.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1669.jpg
    IMG_1669.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members