Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Searching for Grant Info for Search and Rescue Drone (USA)

Reaction score
If anyone has had any experience with assisting in getting a grant for a search and rescue drone could they share the information here? The recent hurricane Florence has left my town flooded and isolated due to rising river levels. I am hustling to try to get a grant request out to acquire a search and rescue drone. I’m headed out shortly to meet with FEMA officials that are camped out here to see if they can be of assistance.

A quick search of grants available:

FAA 12-01 Research and Development Grant, CFDA # 20-108 Aviation Research Grant

FEMA 030E-07 - SUAS

DHS -18-GPD -044-00-99
FY 2018 Assistance to Firefighters Grants

Thanks, I spoke with them today. They’re an invaluable asset. I’m attempting to take on the ardous task of applying for either the FEMA grant or the FAA grant. I live in a small town with limited resources ( both financially and support wise ). I spoke with the City Administrator who is on board and willing to fill in the blanks as long as I take on the project. Every town should consider this, imaging being able to deliver a defibrilator within minutes to a heart attack patient while EMT’s are still 15 minutes away. Imagine being able to cover miles of terrain searching for a lost child or adult and then dropping emergency supplies with a homing device for rescuers to zero in on. The possibilities are endless.

Thanks, I spoke with them today. They’re an invaluable asset. I’m attempting to take on the ardous task of applying for either the FEMA grant or the FAA grant. I live in a small town with limited resources ( both financially and support wise ). I spoke with the City Administrator who is on board and willing to fill in the blanks as long as I take on the project. Every town should consider this, imaging being able to deliver a defibrilator within minutes to a heart attack patient while EMT’s are still 15 minutes away. Imagine being able to cover miles of terrain searching for a lost child or adult and then dropping emergency supplies with a homing device for rescuers to zero in on. The possibilities are endless.
Good Luck....You're going to need one heck of a drone to cover miles....but they do exist.

Step one
It has been suggested that I find a DUN number for my town, the
Good Luck....You're going to need one heck of a drone to cover miles....but they do exist.
I was feeling inspired! A mile out, a quarter mile over, then a mile back, that’s miles isnt it?

I started to post about the process so far ( DUNs #) I’ll post more once I’ve made more progress.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz