Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

External monitor for search and rescue

Reaction score
Doesn't look like there's been much activity on the search and rescue for them but I'll give it a try. I'm looking for an external monitor to connect to the RC controller so that while I'm up doing search and rescue work I can have additional folks watching a larger monitor that will contain more detail. My question is, is there a way to transmit via Bluetooth from the RC controller to the monitor? I know I can put a HDMI receiver in there but is there an hdmi transmitter that will work off the controllers? I'm using the matrice 30t.

google some FDNY done videos. - Edit - found one:

They have a setup where they use a wireless HDMI transmitter on the drone, and carry a case with an external monitor in it with the receiver. I copied that setup using this and it works great. They used some sort of plexiglass mounting system that i have yet to be able to replicate.

Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for. I just didn't know whether the controller had enough power to power the transmitter or whether I would have needed an external battery to do that. I just didn't know whether the HDMI port in the controller had enough power

Doesn't look like there's been much activity on the search and rescue for them but I'll give it a try. I'm looking for an external monitor to connect to the RC controller so that while I'm up doing search and rescue work I can have additional folks watching a larger monitor that will contain more detail. My question is, is there a way to transmit via Bluetooth from the RC controller to the monitor? I know I can put a HDMI receiver in there but is there an hdmi transmitter that will work off the controllers? I'm using the matrice 30t.
I have interest in remote display of my controller as well. I'm wondering what you found and decided on, if anything?

I think that tethering from controller to monitor might be the least impacting on battery resources, but the idea of wireless connection using HDMI transmitter is very attractive. I also wonder about the impact on controller battery life?

I'm also curious. What monitor (make/model)are people are using, especially for daytime applications where readability of the display would be difficult for monitors with low brightness (< 500 nits).

Any thoughts?

Mike/Fox River Systems

i built one out of a harbor frieght apache case. I used a 13" portable monitor and wireless HDMI transmitter to transmit the signal. I also included a UPS made for computers to allow this to run when power isnt available - it runs for 4-5 hours on battery alone. Its not pretty but it has worked far better than expected. Brightness is an issue, but the monitor is built into the cover and we didnt have any problems during our last few brush fires. I am now in the process of designing some custom foam on mycasebuilder to tidy it up a bit

here are some links to what i used. All in i think i spent less than $500 to make this.

Attachments

• IMG_5397.JPG
    IMG_5397.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5398.JPG
    IMG_5398.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5399.JPG
    IMG_5399.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5400.JPG
    IMG_5400.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 9
Why don't you just:
- give them a second controller with a large iPad, make it a slave and disable all controls
- screenshare the iPad (AirPlay) or Android tablet (Chromecast) to a laptop with a large screen or small PC with a large screen connected to it
- use a HDMI / SDI cable from your controller to a large screen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbair