Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Passed my BNUC-S flight exam

Reaction score
So i took my Flight exam this week with Paul Savage, what a lovely man he is. and i am happy to say i passed.

all paper work sent to the CAA so now just the waiting game!!!!

Bob

So i took my Flight exam this week with Paul Savage, what a lovely man he is. and i am happy to say i passed.

all paper work sent to the CAA so now just the waiting game!!!!

Bob
Congratulations - it's a good feeling when they say. "Yup, you've passed"
Did you get marked down on anything?

Congratulations - it's a good feeling when they say. "Yup, you've passed"
Did you get marked down on anything?

Thanks yeah it is a great feeling, olny got marked down on one of my answers about my OPs Manual (oops!!) no mark down on my flying which I'm really happy with as i opted to do some of it in ATTI.

thanks for merging!

Bob

Reactions: The Editor
Thanks yeah it is a great feeling, olny got marked down on one of my answers about my OPs Manual (oops!!) no mark down on my flying which I'm really happy with as i opted to do some of it in ATTI.

thanks for merging!

Bob
I didn't merge in the end as I realised your other one was back in Feb and was for your Groundschool. :)

Last I heard was CAA are taking around 3 weeks to turnaround SRG1320's and issue PFAW
Not too long to wait.

no mark down on my flying which I'm really happy with as i opted to do some of it in ATTI
Congrats first of all!

You guys must be lucky to be able to use any electronic flight assistance during training and exam, and even your OWN craft? In the Netherlands, at the NLR (Dutch Space and Aviation Lab.), we had to do the lessons (minimum 2.5 hours actual stick/flying time) and exam, with a 'bare bone' quadcopter. No GPS, no Atti, no baro. It was all switched off by default. I was allowed to flick the RTH switch in case of an emergency but that was it.

For safety reasons, we had first had to pass on the cp helicopter simulator, doing 3 minutes hovering, figure M, circuit, figure 8, over left and right, tail in and out. For some students it typically takes more than a month to get that far. They have to purchase a simulator (with remote) like Reflex or the likes to practice at home.

During the field training, several times, the instructor instructed me to turn my face away from the quad and he placed it some 100m away, 50m high in a different quadrant of the sky, with the nose in god knows what direction. He gave me just a few seconds to spot it and regain control and get the tail in. In manual mode, all the time your are looking to spot the quad, it is moving with the wind, and before you know it, it is gone completely out of sight.

I had my final exam during a code yellow weather condition with Bfr 4 wind.

Landings in manual, with a quad and a remote without centred throttle that's not your own, with that wind..... Glad that I had so many years of RC flying (heli and fixed wing) under my belt. It would have been a waste of money otherwise. Over 1100 Euro's per day.
Fortunately I did it all in that one day. I just had to, money wise :)

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz