Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

UK Dangerous Flying Over Liverpool?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've recently completed my flight assessment and ground school exam, sent off my SRG1320 to the CAA, and just waiting for my confirmation email back from them granting me my permission for aerial work (been a long time coming!!!)...

Anyway... great to be part of this group and certainly look forward to getting involved in the community!

I've just been made aware of this aerial video taken over Liverpool (somewhere I'm thinking of doing some work very soon)...

A few years ago I would have been impressed at the amazing views. However, having now gone through all my flight training, and being well aware of just what could go wrong when flying over a city as congested as Liverpool, as well as going through restricted airspace etc - I'm now thinking this video is a clear indication of what not to do as a drone pilot in Liverpool, unless you have strict permissions in place.

What do you all think?

Reactions: lake_flyer
Hi everyone,

I've recently completed my flight assessment and ground school exam, sent off my SRG1320 to the CAA, and just waiting for my confirmation email back from them granting me my permission for aerial work (been a long time coming!!!)...

Anyway... great to be part of this group and certainly look forward to getting involved in the community!

I've just been made aware of this aerial video taken over Liverpool (somewhere I'm thinking of doing some work very soon)...

A few years ago I would have been impressed at the amazing views. However, having now gone through all my flight training, and being well aware of just what could go wrong when flying over a city as congested as Liverpool, as well as going through restricted airspace etc - I'm now thinking this video is a clear indication of what not to do as a drone pilot in Liverpool, unless you have strict permissions in place.

What do you all think?
Welcome to the community.

Yes - once you have been through groundschool you have a totally different perspective and appreciation for safety and operating within the NAS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz