Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

UK First Post, hello! advice on ops manual renew

Reaction score
Hi, several questions about my existing pfaw, hope you can answer.
Im a not for profit and as yet haven't done any commercial work just showreel stuff and practice flights but am keeping my ops manual flight records and job sheets going.

Firstly just read the post about Eurousc going bust, not feeling great as they provided my training and license!
Will this mean my license isn't valid?

Secondly, my bnuc-s licence was granted in july 2016 and my pfaw in September, which one governs the re submission of my operations manual to the CAA?

Third, has anyone had their operations manual renewal rejected by the CAA and on what grounds.

I have loads more questions but I'll put them in separate threads.

Great forum by the way, I'm learning loads!

Paul

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Don't worry about EuroUSC going under - the BNUC-s never had to be renewed each year, it was just a scare tactic employed by them to make you renew something that never needed to be renewed in the first place. Very dodgy business practices from their management and it has come back to bite them where it matters! It was only a matter of time......
All you need is your original certificate from them together with your ops manual and the last two months log book entries together with your SRG1320 and fee and your PfCO will be renewed no problem

Reactions: Cornscot
Nice one, thanks for the quick response. So the lovely license card they sent me for my BNUC-s that runs out in July does not need renewing, I liked having a fancy card to flash at people!

SO just 2 months flight logs, I got this from EuroUSC in Dec, could you comment. If you need to move the thread please do so, apologies for the many questions!

30 minutes flight time, each month.
New insurance requirements, my ops manual was passed with my existing business liability insurance.

Attachments

• Guidance for Updating Operations Manuals - Issue 1.1 (Oct 2016).pdf
    413.8 KB · Views: 29
Nice one, thanks for the quick response. So the lovely license card they sent me for my BNUC-s that runs out in July does not need renewing, I liked having a fancy card to flash at people!

SO just 2 months flight logs, I got this from EuroUSC in Dec, could you comment. If you need to move the thread please do so, apologies for the many questions!

30 minutes flight time, each month.
New insurance requirements, my ops manual was passed with my existing business liability insurance.
Correct - Sorry to say your plastic card is meaningless, the only thing valid and legal is your PfCO from the CAA which does have to be renewed annually.
In order to renew you will need to have at least 2hours in the preceding 2 months before renewal. (A bit daft really because in theory you could go 11 months and 29 days without flying the whole year and the day before renewal you could put in 2 hours flying and it would count !:confused:)

Any thought on the insurance section in the attached pdf, up till now i have used my existing public liability on the business insurance. That was accepted by the CAA with my ops manual in September 2016

Any thought on the insurance section in the attached pdf, up till now i have used my existing public liability on the business insurance. That was accepted by the CAA with my ops manual in September 2016
I didn't look at the doc I must admit - are you saying you have relied on a non aviation business liability cover up until now?
If that is the case you must definetly would not be covered for any aviation related activity!

Yes i did what EuroUSC and the CAA approved although I have been flying non commercial to get my showreel completed. I better get some cover then before I do my first job. Ill check the threads for good UK companies

In response to my question about the price of the package for insurance (in the pdf in the first post) they sent me this, anyone have any thought on accepting insurance from Eurousc?
£300 plus vat

Hello

Thanks for your email, as a current pilot the upgrade fee to the LUASS Package is from £300+VAT and includes the following:

1) 10% discounts on EuroUSC publications

2) 10% discounts for additional BNUC-S candidate pilot courses

3) Public Liability (up to £2million) and Professional Indemnity Cover (up to £50,000) – excluding hull cover. If hull cover is required this is calculated based on the value of the aircraft insured.

If you are interested in joining our Light UAS Scheme, please click on the link below for a bespoke quote. Upon completion of the form you will also receive an example policy for your consideration. LUASS Scheme Membership - Application Form.

Coverdrone come recommended from me; expensive but I am confident it is an aviation policy covering me for all my requirements.

In response to my question about the price of the package for insurance (in the pdf in the first post) they sent me this, anyone have any thought on accepting insurance from Eurousc?
£300 plus vat

Hello

Thanks for your email, as a current pilot the upgrade fee to the LUASS Package is from £300+VAT and includes the following:

1) 10% discounts on EuroUSC publications

2) 10% discounts for additional BNUC-S candidate pilot courses

3) Public Liability (up to £2million) and Professional Indemnity Cover (up to £50,000) – excluding hull cover. If hull cover is required this is calculated based on the value of the aircraft insured.

If you are interested in joining our Light UAS Scheme, please click on the link below for a bespoke quote. Upon completion of the form you will also receive an example policy for your consideration. LUASS Scheme Membership - Application Form.
I wouldn't accept or purchase anything from EuroUSC (they are defunct in this country).
I can't see how they can still legally offer insurance along with a 'renewal' of your BNUC-s. Since they are no longer authorised to issue RPAS recommendations or undertake flight assesements they have completely lost their NQE status. Their other activities in Europe are being scrutinised as well. A wholly untrustworthy organisation if you ask me.
Your pdf you attached appears to just be the recommended amendments that must be made to accommodate CAP393 94/5 which was re-written/amended in August last year together with the changes in MORS reporting. All of this must be encompassed in any ops manual being presented for renewal post August 2016.
There is a link in there that points to something about BNUCs renewal which doesn't and has never needed to be renewed in the first place!

I wouldn't accept or purchase anything from EuroUSC (they are defunct in this country).
I can't see how they can still legally offer insurance along with a 'renewal' of your BNUC-s. Since they are no longer authorised to issue RPAS recommendations or undertake flight assesements they have completely lost their NQE status. Their other activities in Europe are being scrutinised as well. A wholly untrustworthy organisation if you ask me.
Your pdf you attached appears to just be the recommended amendments that must be made to accommodate CAP393 94/5 which was re-written/amended in August last year together with the changes in MORS reporting. All of this must be encompassed in any ops manual being presented for renewal post August 2016.
There is a link in there that points to something about BNUCs renewal which doesn't and has never needed to be renewed in the first place!
I think that's an old email. The are in administration and can't trade, I have been getting communication re creditors etc from the administrators. Any insurance already paid for via Eurousc is still valid for the remainder of the term..

PfCO Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Reactions: The Editor
I think that's an old email. The are in administration and can't trade, I have been getting communication re creditors etc from the administrators. Any insurance already paid for via Eurousc is still valid for the remainder of the term..

PfCO Holder
BNUC-S Qualified
Thanks David.

Coverdrone come recommended by me also. I was insured with John Heath (Coverdrone) back in 2014 when I had a bad flyaway. They dealt with it very quickly and professionally and sent out a guy to come and check the wreckage. I got all parts replaced, like for like, no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Coverdrone come recommended by me also. I was insured with John Heath (Coverdrone) back in 2014 when I had a bad flyaway. They dealt with it very quickly and professionally and sent out a guy to come and check the wreckage. I got all parts replaced, like for like, no questions asked.

Out of curiosity what was your excess?

PfCO Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Out of curiosity what was your excess?

PfCO Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Back then, I believe it was £500 as the incident happened whilst in flight. Pricey, but goes at least a bit towards piece of mind

...I hope I never have to write another one of those incident reports!

PfCO Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Believe it or not that email was sent to me in December 2016. Im waiting on quotes from Coverdrone. Thanks for the replies fellas, appreciate it.

Hi, my renewal is in September, daft question but when does it have to go in, September or 2 months before?
Many thanks
Paul

Hi, my renewal is in September, daft question but when does it have to go in, September or 2 months before?
Many thanks
Paul
The CAA state to allow 30 days.
I usually send mine in with around 28 days remaining.
Even then I have had to wait well past the 30 days!
Currently, I believe they are turning them around in under 28 days but that can easily change.

The CAA state to allow 30 days.
I usually send mine in with around 28 days remaining.
Even then I have had to wait well past the 30 days!
Currently, I believe they are turning them around in under 28 days but that can easily change.

Thanks for the prompt response!
My renewal is on the 22nd of Sept, so regarding my flight logs I would need to send in the last 2 weeks from June, all July and first 2 weeks of Aug.
Regarding all the changes in 2016, I have a list of things I need to update Here, would I simply change the wording?
Also, is this a good opportunity to make changes to the ops manual or is this a separate process.

Many thanks for your time (and sorry for all the questions)

Paul

(edit, am I allowed to send it in later than 28 days before renewal date? I guess I can send it in a day before but would have to wait for renewal to fly commercial?) Im on holiday that in scotland 1 month before my renewal week and would like to fly and send those logs in.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham