Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Panasonic Lumix G VARIO 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 Lens

Reaction score
Slapped the
Panasonic Lumix G VARIO 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 Lens on the inspire pro and testing.. went to 18mm but not tried anymore as yet due to front load and ground room..
Have to adjust the zoom after gimbal cal at startup checks

I don't think that lens is going to work as it's both heavy and long. At 265g it's about double the heaviest lens known to work and at 75mm long it's putting a good deal of that weight at at the far end. Both the weight and length combine to make for a nasty tipping moment that is going to be way front heavy. You'd need to add something like 150-200g of weight behind the camera to have a chance of balancing and then you'd have a clearance issue with the gimbal.

As far as I know the max weight is around 150-160g and that's with a lens that's not so long. I mean it would be great if that lens worked as I already have it, that and the 7-14 and 100-300 -- neither of those lenses are going to work a I see it.

Brian

the weight is not a problem and it handles it well, it was just a test.. the Inspire knows what it is ect. but your right about the front load when extending the lens zoom, i tested it at 18mm but at the end of the day I would sooner look for a small fixed 25mm.. it was just an old lens that got replaced whith the new 14-140 on the gh4 so had to try it :)

the weight is not a problem and it handles it well, it was just a test.. the Inspire knows what it is ect. but your right about the front load when extending the lens zoom, i tested it at 18mm but at the end of the day I would sooner look for a small fixed 25mm.. it was just an old lens that got replaced whith the new 14-140 on the gh4 so had to try it :)

I have a 14-140 that I got 4 years ago when I picked up the GH2, but I've not even tried to put it on the X5. I also have the 7-14 which would be a very useful lens but it 300g or there about.

Brian

Not sure about your "zoom test" but really dig the demonstration of how close "NOT" to fly to a busy road/vehicles you do not control.

Landing on the pavement (sidewalk) next to busy road is an accident waiting to happen. Please educate yourself.

Remember 50m clearance or 30 m landing/taking off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz