Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Matrice 600 taking long time to maintain GPS flight mode

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with their Matrice 600 maintaining GPS flight after initial takeoff? I use about 20% to 30% of battery power before GPS flight mode is obtained and stable. I've done IMU and compass calibrations before flights and also flown in metropolitan and remote desert areas with the same result. Before takeoff, the DJI GO app reads "GPS", but as soon as takeoff occurs it switches to ATTI mode and I have to fly it for about 10 minutes before it will regain and stay in GPS mode. I do have the controller switch in "P" position when this occurs. Any suggestions?

Our dealer demo gets a GPS lock right away on the ground and stays locked in at all times. We have not seen any issues with it at all. I wonder if you have a bad GPS unit - and I'm assuming your double checked all the connections at this point.

Thanks for the feedback, I suspected as much. Even my Phantom II holds GPS much better than this. Unit is less than a year old and the connections all looked solid. Talked to DJI and in for repair it goes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens