Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Pilot 2 issue with M30T thermal mapping flight

Reaction score
I was trying to complete my first thermal mapping mission with the M30T and of course I didn't test it before driving out to the site. Oops.. When I tried to execute my mission in pilot2 I received an error I could not get past. It said "Please change the flight mode to N-Mode". I was already in N Mode, so I wasn't sure what it was asking for. Nothing I did changed this error. I changed flight modes, restarted the drone and controller, even re-created my mapping mission. I have run mapping missions in the past, but never with the thermal camera... Am I missing something here? Google and search doesn't turn up anything on this error.

I recreated it in this video - ignore the GPS errors as I'm in my basement.

Hoping someone out there can help.

Thanks
Mike

Mike-

Hello! We had a problem with our Mavic 3 Enterprise, which wouldn‘t let us change the Flight Mode; it was stuck in “F.” Tried many different things including a full reset to no avail. Even reapplied the latest firmware via DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series). This is what worked for us: downgraded the firmware to the previous version via the Assistant 2 and went through the whole process of reconnection, etc. Flight Modes started working. Ugraded the Mavic3E to the latest firmware, again via the PC app. Everything worked.

The above may or may not work for you. You might want to give it a go. Also, by any chance do you have local data mode switched on? It has been a culprit on some missions for us.

Regards,

Omer

Last edited:
Reactions: GsquaredAerials
well, i havent tested this yet, but you can chock this one up to me not knowing my aircraft, controller specifically. theres a mode switch on the top left of the controller that was set to sport. flipped it to N and the error went away. Need to attempt a flight to confirm, but im guessing this was it.

Honestly i never noticed this switch before now.. oh well.

well, i havent tested this yet, but you can chock this one up to me not knowing my aircraft, controller specifically. theres a mode switch on the top left of the controller that was set to sport. flipped it to N and the error went away. Need to attempt a flight to confirm, but im guessing this was it.

Honestly i never noticed this switch before now.. oh well.
Haha! Of course, we tend to overlook the obvious. I am glad that your issue is resolved.

Omer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103