Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

M30T Battery falls out but still lands with one battery

Reaction score
I thought the group might be interested in something that happened while flying my M30T. After flying for about 5 minutes, I received a RTH message and noticed that one of my batteries was reading 0 voltage. I started my RTH and as I began my descent with the camera down I observed a battery falling from the aircraft and slamming into a metal roof below. The aircraft landed perfectly normally with only 1 battery (the metal roof was fine but the battery was destroyed). I guess that I must not have had the battery properly locked in but did not receive any warning on the controller until it came loose (in flight). Glad to report that what DJI says about being able to land the M30 with one functioning battery is true!

I thought the group might be interested in something that happened while flying my M30T. After flying for about 5 minutes, I received a RTH message and noticed that one of my batteries was reading 0 voltage. I started my RTH and as I began my descent with the camera down I observed a battery falling from the aircraft and slamming into a metal roof below. The aircraft landed perfectly normally with only 1 battery (the metal roof was fine but the battery was destroyed). I guess that I must not have had the battery properly locked in but did not receive any warning on the controller until it came loose (in flight). Glad to report that what DJI says about being able to land the M30 with one functioning battery is true!
Lucky recovery! And great that the Matrice uses 2 batteries for failsafe.
I noticed that it's easy not to push the batteries home hard enough to fully click the locking lever. I have to push them in pretty smartly - enough though it seems excessive and then as a last thing, I have a habit of squeezing the levers together to make sure the batteries are homed securely.
Is it possible one of the latches cracked or broke in your case? I've seen that once or twice on the forums.

I checked my levers and they are in perfect working order. I'm pretty certain it was that final squeeze that I neglected to do. It is now part of the preflight checklist!

Reactions: Wanderlost

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103