Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

M300 GPS Loss

Reaction score
M300 losing GPS mid flight in the open area. Goes from 25 connections to 3 flying in the same airspace. Issue is happening on all M300 aircraft we own.

• Sad
Reactions: Vasco
Yes it then switches to attitude mode, it's happening in different locations which normally has strong GPS connections

Is this with Network RTK or using the D-RTK2 Base Station? I had a similar situation last Friday. Wide open field, in a strong cellular area and all of the sudden I lose Network RTK and my drone pauses its mission. It happens every so often when the network has a hiccup.

Hello. It comes out written ATTITUDE but I imagine that it refers to the ATTI mode.
So far I haven't had that problem. I will be careful. Thank you very much partners

We recently experienced the same condition. Our M300 is less than a month old and has only been flown a few times. Last week, while performing a mapping mission, our M300 went from tracking 18 satellites to briefly tracking 23 satellites and then tracking zero satellites. The M300 went into Atti mode and we manually returned the M300 to the launch location. We are running the latest firmware on our smart controller and UAV.GPS Waypoint Condition.jpgGPS Atti Condition.jpgAtti Condition.jpg

After speaking with our DJI dealer, it was recommended we ground the M300. The dealer shipped us a replacement unit.

The following day, we contacted DJI to request a return shipping label to return the M300 for repair. As part of DJI's process due to number of satellites = 0, we contacted DJI's support phone number. The technician from DJI recommended powering the M300. Upon power-up, the M300 was tracking satellites again.

We cautiously performed our mapping mission and were successful mapping over 650 acres without GNSS satellite tracking issues.

We are still planning to return the unit to DJI for review. I did hear from our dealer that GPS loss is the leading issue reported on the M300. I will plan to update this post if I receive any resolution from DJI.

We recently experienced the same condition. Our M300 is less than a month old and has only been flown a few times. Last week, while performing a mapping mission, our M300 went from tracking 18 satellites to briefly tracking 23 satellites and then tracking zero satellites. The M300 went into Atti mode and we manually returned the M300 to the launch location. We are running the latest firmware on our smart controller and UAV.View attachment 30622View attachment 30623View attachment 30624

After speaking with our DJI dealer, it was recommended we ground the M300. The dealer shipped us a replacement unit.

The following day, we contacted DJI to request a return shipping label to return the M300 for repair. As part of DJI's process due to number of satellites = 0, we contacted DJI's support phone number. The technician from DJI recommended powering the M300. Upon power-up, the M300 was tracking satellites again.

We cautiously performed our mapping mission and were successful mapping over 650 acres without GNSS satellite tracking issues.

We are still planning to return the unit to DJI for review. I did hear from our dealer that GPS loss is the leading issue reported on the M300. I will plan to update this post if I receive any resolution from DJI.
I was wondering if on this forum or talking with other M300 users if when loss of satellite and vision systems how the drone reacted other than being in attti mode, was there every a case of flyaway , we are using the Hovermap lidar scanner with the M300 in a subterrain environment (550 meters below surface and if a flyaway could occur would it climb or just hover based on loss of controller connection, we are trying to prove the M300 would not climb into navigable airspace as the home point was near the bottom of the cave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens