Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

EU Certification for M300 RTK?

Reaction score
With the M350 RTK now having the limitations and permissions of a C3 EU-Certificate in Europe, the M300 RTK is now officially outdated on the continent as it will not receive any certification. Is that correct?

"There are special rules for stock drones (i.e. all drones that do not yet have a classification and class marking) and also a temporary transitional regulation. This applies to all drones that were produced before January 1, 2024 and do not have a classification or drone certification based on the EU Drone Regulation 2021." (Translated from german: Neue EU Drohnenverordnung [ Drohnen-Gesetz ])

Please correct me, if you find conflicting information, I would really like to know what is happening with the M300 in the EU because technically it is still more than a viable solution and an upgrade from a working M300 to M350 mostly doesn't seem worth it, despite the legal situation in Europe.

Cheers
SvSz

With the M350 RTK now having the limitations and permissions of a C3 EU-Certificate in Europe, the M300 RTK is now officially outdated on the continent as it will not receive any certification. Is that correct?

"There are special rules for stock drones (i.e. all drones that do not yet have a classification and class marking) and also a temporary transitional regulation. This applies to all drones that were produced before January 1, 2024 and do not have a classification or drone certification based on the EU Drone Regulation 2021." (Translated from german: Neue EU Drohnenverordnung [ Drohnen-Gesetz ])

Please correct me, if you find conflicting information, I would really like to know what is happening with the M300 in the EU because technically it is still more than a viable solution and an upgrade from a working M300 to M350 mostly doesn't seem worth it, despite the legal situation in Europe.

Cheers
SvSz
I found this (here: How can I legally fly the DJI M300 RTK in Germany?):

How can I legally fly the DJI M300 RTK in Germany?

The DJI M300 RTK normally has a take-off weight of approx. 6.5 kg. This makes it one of the heavier drones on the market.

It is a stock drone. This means that with a small EU drone licence (A1/A3 certificate of competence) you can fly in sub-category A3, i.e. far away from uninvolved persons and at a distance of 150 m from industrial, residential, commercial and recreational areas.

The same regulation also applies to its successor, the DJI M350, which, despite being certified as a C3 drone, can only be flown in sub-category A3.

If operation is not possible, an operating licence must be obtained to switch to the SPECIFIC category. Further information can be found here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103