Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Lens no connected

Reaction score
SOLVED! :)

Posting a problem with Inspire Pro X5 that i've searched the web for without any results. Just to start a thread in case someone else stumbles over the same issue.

Error message says on iPad: "LENS NO CONNECTED". (yeah, great english)

In practice, it works kind of like a regular Inspire 1 with an X3 camera. ISO and shutter can be set. However, Aperture and focus doesn't work at all. So touching the iPad display to set focus does nothing, holding down C1 + scrolling left toggle does nothing either.

Things I've tried without any success:

Things I've tried with some success:

• Switch the two iPad's (photo and pilot controller). This worked once, have no idea why.
  • Switched to Android controller instead of iPad. (This worked when I had a chance to try, but I don't own an Anroid tabelt myself).

Things I've tried that fixed the issue:

• Pressing the lens pins logic board back into place. See details and photos bellow!

Last edited:
Which lens? DJI?

Yes, I should have mentioned that. It's the standard DJI lens (15 mm) that comes with X5. We do however have a GH4 with approved lenses, which give the same exact issue when testing the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 12mm. The thing is. I suspect software to e the problem, since it suddenly works with a new iPad or Android tablet. I'll edit my first post to include the lens.

I found the solution!

It turns out there is a production fault on our Inspire Pro. It's actually on both units our supplier offered us.

The thing is, if you look closely on the connector pins to the lens, the pins closer to the screwdriver head in the photo is every so slightly shorter than the rest of the pins. Have look:

cRGnE8O.jpg

If you use a screw driver to press the logic board on the back (be very careful with the sensor!) and press the logic board outwards, forcing the pins to extend. When doing this is easy to see that the logic board is actually loose. It doesn't click into place either.

RfRPkfA.jpg

I'm contacting DJI now to ask for help as I don't want to void our warranty by putting glue in there.

Either way, pressing the pins out and reconnecting the lens worked!

Reactions: Steven Powter
I found the solution!

It turns out there is a production fault on our Inspire Pro. It's actually on both units our supplier offered us.

The thing is, if you look closely on the connector pins to the lens, the pins closer to the screwdriver head in the photo is every so slightly shorter than the rest of the pins. Have look:

cRGnE8O.jpg

If you use a screw driver to press the logic board on the back (be very careful with the sensor!) and press the logic board outwards, forcing the pins to extend. When doing this is easy to see that the logic board is actually loose. It doesn't click into place either.

RfRPkfA.jpg

I'm contacting DJI now to ask for help as I don't want to void our warranty by putting glue in there.

Either way, pressing the pins out and reconnecting the lens worked!

Good spot!

Good old crappy DJI quality (non)Control is alive and kicking I see.

X5 v2 round the corner :rolleyes:

Reactions: ninjapilot
Update: Did an RMA, got in back in less than two weeks with a new camera. Seems to work well now.

Side note: There is a tiny piece of plastic on the end of a screw on the gimbal. This plastic piece gets pressed into the foam trim inside the X5 case. And our broke. On this new X5 I got they've changed the design of the plastic to something more robust.

9v9ellP.jpg

Update: Did an RMA, got in back in less than two weeks with a new camera. Seems to work well now.

Side note: There is a tiny piece of plastic on the end of a screw on the gimbal. This plastic piece gets pressed into the foam trim inside the X5 case. And our broke. On this new X5 I got they've changed the design of the plastic to something more robust.

9v9ellP.jpg
Thanks for the update.

Yes - a few members on the forum have suffered damage to the cap you describe.

9v9ellP.jpg

That pesky cap! I'm paranoid about loosing mine. Nothing a bit of blue tack can't handle though ;)

THis post was a lifesaver. I thought I was going mad when I was just flying the 12mm Olympus brought it in to switch lens and bam couldn’t focus or zoom. It’s kind of scary sticking the screwdriver in there and you have to use a little force to get the pins to stick out some more but it works. That’s a lot for posting this.

Thanks for this thread! I noticed the lens warning during my last flight. Did a search and this was my first hit. I seem to have the same pin problem but only with the stock lens so far. Again thanks for posting!

Thanks for this thread! I noticed the lens warning during my last flight. Did a search and this was my first hit. I seem to have the same pin problem but only with the stock lens so far. Again thanks for posting!
So what I have noticed is that it connects it just takes longer than the x3. Sometime I disconnect the iPad and reconnect and o see it. I also cleaned the contact with a electrical contact cleaner.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz