Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Great demo of X5 bitrate

Reaction score
I've just come across this video on YT. I haven't seen it before, but it clearly shows, at least to me, that the X5 bitrate is far better than many of us may have initially thought. There is fast moving objects that really would have turned to mush with the X3. In particular, look carefully at the grass areas, trees and race track. These areas would have turned to mush with the X3 without doubt.

Well I've studied, and I've looked again and with YT compressing the hell out of everything I couldn't tell you whether that was shot on an X5 or and X3. Sorry but just saying what I see (or don't see)

Look at what?
I'm referring to the lack of compression in all the places that the X3 has an issue with. Grass areas is a typical problem area, where definition is lost and it just becomes a mush. I don't see any compression issues anywhere in this video. If you do, perhaps you can point me to them. Cheers.

I'm referring to the lack of compression in all the places that the X3 has an issue with. Grass areas is a typical problem area, where definition is lost and it just becomes a mush. I don't see any compression issues anywhere in this video. If you do, perhaps you can point me to them. Cheers.

When I read your thread there was no link initially

Reactions: howard rockliffe
Guys, I really want to be blown away by the X5, believe me I REALLY do but....... Leaving aside the spec and numbers I have yet to see any footage that is any sort of marked improvement over the golf ball X3 let alone four times the cost difference!!!
I want it to be good, honestly but.................. I'm still waiting.

Guys, I really want to be blown away by the X5, believe me I REALLY do but....... Leaving aside the spec and numbers I have yet to see any footage that is any sort of marked improvement over the golf ball X3 let alone four times the cost difference!!!

I'm right there with ya mate...I really wanna like this, I want to want to buy one but I just don't see a stellar improvement over the x3, which they could've easily done that...shows me that DJI just bought the m43 rights and constructed their own vs working with a camera company who more than likely could've made it happen.

And for me the risk of flying with $2k under the inspire isn't worth what I'd be getting in return.

Question... when you see the video I just posted, and you watch the fast moving areas of grass, can you not imagine what the X3 would look like filming that same scenario?

Question... when you see the video I just posted, and you watch the fast moving areas of grass, can you not imagine what the X3 would look like filming that same scenario?
Looking at the grass bank at that first left hand turn at 0:17 no difference!
There again, YT is no real test. I will wait and wait in hope that the real results will be so good they make my eyes bleed. :p

The other problem I have with all these videos is they always shoot during golden hour than they grade the **** out of it and upload it to the internet.

As for the grass, you're your own worst enemy, if you're a cinematographer (or even photographer) you know this. Nobody watching your videos will know what you're talking about until you address it. If your footage is good than its a non issue

Reactions: Naza br and ianwood
Sorry - what I forgot to mention is that I DO see a huge difference in still images out of the X5. However, I would expect that with not only the jump in sensor size but also the much better quality prime stuck on the front and the bump in pixel count from 12 to 16m.
If the video was a jump up in quality like the stills appear to be I would be shouting from the rooftops at the wonders of the new camera.

On top of all of the comments above, we have also yet to see how well the lens fairs with roll off of sharpness at the the extremes of aperture. f1.7 and f16 are not going to be as sharp as the 'sweet spot' which I would think is around f2.8 - f5.6. On bright sunny days you certainly don't want to be stopping down to f16.
Another reason we will want some decent ND's. Why couldn't DJI have made some switchable neutral densities on the body in front of the sensor? It would have added far less weight than a threaded one on the front element and kept the balance/COG constant. Actually, now I think about it - they couldn't in that form factor. Pity.

Reactions: Rainbowers
I hear ya on the X5 so long as DJI did not change the thread pitch on their in house lense. Panasonic and Olympus should be fine provided balance and vignetting is not an issue if folks stack filters. The Gels are pretty sweet as far as minimal impact of function goes. I picked up a 75x75mm ND at Camera Traders in Victoria BC for 5 bucks.

Interesting comparisson, highly recommended for those planning to purchase Zenmuse X5 (take in consideration that the Zenmuse x5 was used with a beta app and on most shots seems to be a little bit out of focus).

Reactions: howard rockliffe
Sorry - what I forgot to mention is that I DO see a huge difference in still images out of the X5. However, I would expect that with not only the jump in sensor size but also the much better quality prime stuck on the front and the bump in pixel count from 12 to 16m.
If the video was a jump up in quality like the stills appear to be I would be shouting from the rooftops at the wonders of the new camera.
But that's unlikely because ethe stills from the X3 suck
Interesting comparisson, highly recommended for those planning to purchase Zenmuse X5 (take in consideration that the Zenmuse x5 was used with a beta app and on most shots seems to be a little bit out of focus).

Well, unless I'm the only one who can see it, but the compressed artifacts can clearly be seen on the sand and grass areas with the X3 and all but disappear with the X5.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz