Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Brand New Aircraft from DJI (Matrix 100)

I can't believe you do not have a sense of humor! Its called sarcasm.

But we are all different I guess.

Perhaps I should clear something up. I neither work, nor have I previously worked for DJI or any affiliated company.
I also do not have a dealership or any other shackles or loyalty program or incentives from DJI.

I also love my Inspire and all my DJI products but I live in the real world and all their products to date (pretty much without exception) have had more than their fare share of problems.

We all need our share of light heartedness and if it means pokeing fun occasionaly at the company we have all helped make into a billion dollar empire then that's fine by me.

I do have sense of humour, I did read your post twice before commenting on it, it does not give any hint of humour, mainly bashing the DJI.
I was expecting that Staff members are more responsible on posting in this forum. yes everyone is different, I took that way others can or can not.

I do have sense of humour, I did read your post twice before commenting on it, it does not give any hint of humour, mainly bashing the DJI.
I was expecting that Staff members are more responsible on posting in this forum. yes everyone is different, I took that way others can or can not.
I know some people that can build you a bridge for a very affordable price.

As a DJI Authorized Dealer, we are able confirm the release of the Matrix 100 flying platform for June 15th, 2015. Many have commented about the purpose of the new quad and X5 Gimbal with respect to the Inspire 1 and this platform is just that, a platform. DJI will be releasing modules and systems to fully customize the functional abilities of the quad for professional industries (Agriculture, SAR, Construction, etc...). For more details on the Matrix 100 and module release times, you can stay updated HERE. http://bit.ly/1GBDBj6

Last edited:
@Aerial Media Pros I'm sure you wont have the product on your store for long. All dealers were emailed by DJI and told to remove it from their site. It was not supposed to be released yet.

As a DJI Authorized Dealer, we are able confirm the release of the Matrix 100 flying platform for June 15th, 2015. Many have commented about the purpose of the new quad and X5 Gimbal with respect to the Inspire 1 and this platform is just that, a platform. DJI will be releasing modules and systems to fully customize the functional abilities of the quad for professional industries (Agriculture, SAR, Construction, etc...). For more details on the Matrix 100 and module release times, you can stay updated on these pages:
http://www.aerialmediapros.com/store/platforms-dji-matrix-100
The hyperlink on the Matrix 100 don't workies...

I also love my Inspire and all my DJI products but I live in the real world and all their products to date (pretty much without exception) have had more than their fare share of problems.
That might be a thing of the past.
The Inspire's little brother looks like it just might be breaking that trend. :)

That might be a thing of the past.
The Inspire's little brother looks like it just might be breaking that trend. :)
Are you talking about the Matrix here?
A platform that hasn't been released yet on a firmware that hasn't been finalized yet to a public that haven't got their gorilla fists on it yet and DJI have already made a mistake on it's marketing release?
If I were you I wouldn't take all your money to Vegas or buy a lottery ticket just yet :p

I would love to be proved so wrong on this but have seen and been part of the track record to date......

Reactions: Ibflyen
No ... not the Matrix. It's no little brother and hasn't been released yet.
DJI's most recent product release seems to have been free of the troubles that people have come to expect.

No ... not the Matrix. It's no little brother and hasn't been released yet.
DJI's most recent product release seems to have been free of the troubles that people have come to expect.

I assume you mean the P3? Its had its share of issues from what I hear as well.

I WILL NOT be an early buyer in light of the experience the Inspire 1 turned into...

I'll pencil in Oct 15th or so and see if this new Bird turned into the same fluster cuck the Inspire 1 was... or not...
Released in late Nov as I recall... I finally had a "good one" in hand in mid April... (first one was bricked by a flash failure)

That said... And in light of the issues i have encountered attempting to adapt my 2nd bird to do crop survey work...
(Hanging 12oz of twin cameras, controller and custom mount under the Inspire 1 with it's ground sensor and moving gear in the way has turned into a not easily done near CG or even advisable based on the "now known to be fragile" landing gear...)

The Matrix DOES have my interest as a much better platform to adapt to what I need... for aerial crop survey using my current crop camera pair...
I need the DJI SDK support to use 3rd party apps to drive the bird... the promise of this is what lead me to the Inspire in the first place...

And I will say the Inspire is a fine VIDEO and STILLS Drone using the supplied camera...
it does that job to my satisfaction... (once I got a good one)

What I really need now is a 2nd "pickup truck" drone like they seem to have designed here with the Matrix...
The HUGE question now is... WHEN and IF they will deliver on all the promises made...

If history repeats itself... Mid October is the earliest I will even consider this Bird for purchase to add to the fleet...
My $3K bricked (now spare parts for #2) lesson learned... has taught me DO NOT rush out and buy from DJI until the bugs are worked out...

Last edited:
I assume you mean the P3? Its had its share of issues from what I hear as well.
I've been monitoring it pretty closely and the P3 rollout is remarkable free of the kind of glitches that people expect with a new DJI release.
A few new pilots doing dopey beginner stuff but no systematic issues reported so far.

I've been monitoring it pretty closely and the P3 rollout is remarkable free of the kind of glitches that people expect with a new DJI release.
A few new pilots doing dopey beginner stuff but no systematic issues reported so far.

General quality issues and high rates of returns are what I'm hearing.

That's all great if it actually does what they say it can do when it ships. UNLIKE the Inspire 1 which still doesn't have the point of interest tracking advertized as functioning pre-sale...

But hey, we now have a "Video editor" built into the app.

COME ON DJI, let's get functioning what you said was functioning before the sale, then work on extra software toys.

The Matrix 100 is set to release later today. An email was sent to dealers just a few hours ago. Here are some of the features of the Matrix 100:

Features:

Expansion Bays

Additional expansion bays allow you to add components, customize the payload, and fly with any devices you want. Put cameras, sensors, computing boards, communication tools, and more into the sky, and gather data while completing complex jobs from a birds‐eye view.

Universal Power and Communication Ports

Plug in and fly with almost any device, and transmit data via the Matrix 100’s dual CAN and UART ports. There are two of each port on your platform, enabling you to mount and build a system that matches your needs.

Dual Battery Compartments

Add an additional battery compartment to achieve up to 40 minutes* of flight time. This gives greater power to both your platform and any additional devices or accessories that you wish to fly with. *Flight times vary based on payload and flight conditions, and the maximum 40 minute flight time tested when hovering with dual TB48D batteries and no additional payload.

Customizable Mounting and Balancing

Achieve perfect balance and an ideal flight experience by sliding the battery and other compartments around the body of your Matrix 100. Put your components exactly where you want them, and get the most out of your system.

Adjustable Arm Angle for Greater Torque

Flexible to match your flight needs, adjusting the arm angle of each of the 4 arms is quick and easy. Achieve increased yaw torque and greater response by tilting the arms to a 3 degree angle.

50% Less Vibrations, Rigid, Strong System

To reduce vibrations, increase stiffness, and bring unmatched reliability, your Matrix 100 is made of strong, lightweight carbon fiber. Each of the arms contains DJI’s new soft vibration absorbing material that virtually eliminates feedback from the powerful motors, keeping your critical components stable and allowing unprecedented accuracy.

Responsive, Quick Release Landing Pads

Innovative landing pads or “feet” are installed at the base of each arm to protect your Matrix 100 when landing. These pads greatly reduce impact, protecting your system and eliminating the chance of your platform unintentionally lifting off of the ground. Also easy and quick to remove for replacement or upgrades.

Dedicated Remote Controller

Take control of your platform with the customizable, long‐range remote controller included with the Matrix 100. With an operating distance of up to 1.2 miles* (2km), a rechargeable battery, fully adjustable controls, and outputs to connect to your mobile device, this is the perfect tool to command your system in the air. *Maximum range tested in open areas free of interference and may vary depending on local regulations.

Full Mobile App Support

Fly with the feature‐rich DJI Pilot app or create your own app with the DJI SDK. See a live view, control your devices, access a real‐time map, and more by simply plugging in your tablet or smartphone.

Enhanced GPS

Enhanced GPS with a foldable mount helps you to track your Matrix 100’s position in real time, while enabling faster satellite acquisition, more accurate position holding and flight planning.

Upgraded Flight Controller and Integrated Lightbridge

DJI’s new N1 flight controller keeps your Matrix 100 stable and responsive to your commands throughout every flight. Transmitting data to you and bringing a live HD view (when using DJI’s X5 Camera and gimbal), the included DJI Lightbridge increases your flight range to 1.2 miles* (2km). *Maximum range tested in open areas free of interference and may vary depending on local regulations.

Purpose‐Built Propulsion System

An upgraded version of the respected DJI E800 electric propulsion system powers your Matrix 100 and keeps it in flight. Four powerful, brushless motors and four lightning fast Electronic Speed Controllers are integrated into the platform, giving you complete control during flight. With increased strength and payload capacity, you have the flexibility to create the system you need.

Compatible Parts for Further Functionality

The Matrix 100 is compatible with a wide range of DJI accessories including:  Guidance: DJI’s revolutionary sensor kit that helps your platform see its environment and recognize when obstacles or other objects are nearby.  X3 Camera and Gimbal: Shoot stabilized 4K video and capture 12 megapixel images from the sky with DJI’s integrated camera and 3‐axis gimbal system.  Extra Battery: Extend your flight time by flying with an additional DJI Intelligent Flight Battery.  Expansion Bays: Use more expansion bays to put all of your desired devices onto your Matrix 100 and create a truly unique, customized platform.

The Matrix 100 is set to release later today. An email was sent to dealers just a few hours ago. Here are some of the features of the Matrix 100:

Features:

Expansion Bays

Additional expansion bays allow you to add components, customize the payload, and fly with any devices you want. Put cameras, sensors, computing boards, communication tools, and more into the sky, and gather data while completing complex jobs from a birds‐eye view.

Universal Power and Communication Ports

Plug in and fly with almost any device, and transmit data via the Matrix 100’s dual CAN and UART ports. There are two of each port on your platform, enabling you to mount and build a system that matches your needs.

Dual Battery Compartments

Add an additional battery compartment to achieve up to 40 minutes* of flight time. This gives greater power to both your platform and any additional devices or accessories that you wish to fly with. *Flight times vary based on payload and flight conditions, and the maximum 40 minute flight time tested when hovering with dual TB48D batteries and no additional payload.

Customizable Mounting and Balancing

Achieve perfect balance and an ideal flight experience by sliding the battery and other compartments around the body of your Matrix 100. Put your components exactly where you want them, and get the most out of your system.

Adjustable Arm Angle for Greater Torque

Flexible to match your flight needs, adjusting the arm angle of each of the 4 arms is quick and easy. Achieve increased yaw torque and greater response by tilting the arms to a 3 degree angle.

50% Less Vibrations, Rigid, Strong System

To reduce vibrations, increase stiffness, and bring unmatched reliability, your Matrix 100 is made of strong, lightweight carbon fiber. Each of the arms contains DJI’s new soft vibration absorbing material that virtually eliminates feedback from the powerful motors, keeping your critical components stable and allowing unprecedented accuracy.

Responsive, Quick Release Landing Pads

Innovative landing pads or “feet” are installed at the base of each arm to protect your Matrix 100 when landing. These pads greatly reduce impact, protecting your system and eliminating the chance of your platform unintentionally lifting off of the ground. Also easy and quick to remove for replacement or upgrades.

Dedicated Remote Controller

Take control of your platform with the customizable, long‐range remote controller included with the Matrix 100. With an operating distance of up to 1.2 miles* (2km), a rechargeable battery, fully adjustable controls, and outputs to connect to your mobile device, this is the perfect tool to command your system in the air. *Maximum range tested in open areas free of interference and may vary depending on local regulations.

Full Mobile App Support

Fly with the feature‐rich DJI Pilot app or create your own app with the DJI SDK. See a live view, control your devices, access a real‐time map, and more by simply plugging in your tablet or smartphone.

Enhanced GPS

Enhanced GPS with a foldable mount helps you to track your Matrix 100’s position in real time, while enabling faster satellite acquisition, more accurate position holding and flight planning.

Upgraded Flight Controller and Integrated Lightbridge

DJI’s new N1 flight controller keeps your Matrix 100 stable and responsive to your commands throughout every flight. Transmitting data to you and bringing a live HD view (when using DJI’s X5 Camera and gimbal), the included DJI Lightbridge increases your flight range to 1.2 miles* (2km). *Maximum range tested in open areas free of interference and may vary depending on local regulations.

Purpose‐Built Propulsion System

An upgraded version of the respected DJI E800 electric propulsion system powers your Matrix 100 and keeps it in flight. Four powerful, brushless motors and four lightning fast Electronic Speed Controllers are integrated into the platform, giving you complete control during flight. With increased strength and payload capacity, you have the flexibility to create the system you need.

Compatible Parts for Further Functionality

The Matrix 100 is compatible with a wide range of DJI accessories including:  Guidance: DJI’s revolutionary sensor kit that helps your platform see its environment and recognize when obstacles or other objects are nearby.  X3 Camera and Gimbal: Shoot stabilized 4K video and capture 12 megapixel images from the sky with DJI’s integrated camera and 3‐axis gimbal system.  Extra Battery: Extend your flight time by flying with an additional DJI Intelligent Flight Battery.  Expansion Bays: Use more expansion bays to put all of your desired devices onto your Matrix 100 and create a truly unique, customized platform.

Not sure if Crash and Avoidance (CA) is part of the packaged M100. . . .

Thinking the M100 is platform only. The CA product would probably have to be purchased separately? What do you Thinks?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz