Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

zenmuse-x5s firmware updated v1.1.0.40 24th Novemeber 2015

Reaction score
Zenmuse X5 Series - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI

Major Updates:
1.Updated list of compatible lenses: Olympus 25mm/f1.8, 45mm/f1.8 and 14-42/f3.5-5.6.
2.Increased the output bit-width of the sensor from 10bit to 12bit for 4kP30/25/24, 2.7KP30/25/24 and 1080P30/25/24.
3.Improved the AF zooming function (new AF auxiliary focus button in the menu).
4. Improved the image quality by fine tuning the sharpness and contrast.
5.Increased the shutter speed upper limit from 1/2 s to 2 s when shooting in‘A’mode.
6.Fixed issue of the white balance tending to be warm in the daylight.
7.The DNG format now supports the noise profile and sharpness profile.
8.Fixed issue of occasional flickering exposure changes in Auto Exposure mode.
9.Fixed issue of corrupted DNG due to missing lens profile.
10. Optimized system stability.
11.Optimized the gimbal control parameters for better performance.
12. Optimized the Waypoints feature.

Reactions: slim.slamma
This seems to be FOR the inspire pro...

I like the look of this list... Fingers crossed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bad... Just re-read! Thought you said "Thanks for nothing.."
[emoji37]

2.Increased the output bit-width of the sensor from 10bit to 12bit for 4kP30/25/24, 2.7KP30/25/24 and 1080P30/25/24.

I don't get that. The X5 always recorded 8-bit. Is this a mistake, or are they referring to X5R?

No - kept the settings as was... It still needs coaxing - but it seems so much better - just after a 3 min flight.

don't kill me for a maybe dumb question.
i have the first gen I1 with x3 (still) only upgraded to the gimbal holding plate for the x5 yet. can / should i update to what firmware so i can use (once i get it) the X5. do i have to choose the pro version in the app and enter to camera mode where i can use the x5 then?

don't kill me for a maybe dumb question.
i have the first gen I1 with x3 (still) only upgraded to the gimbal holding plate for the x5 yet. can / should i update to what firmware so i can use (once i get it) the X5. do i have to choose the pro version in the app and enter to camera mode where i can use the x5 then?

Stick w the Inspire 1 (non-pro) firmware you have - it will work w X5.

ok thanks, I am guessing but should I stick with the I1 (normal version FW) because of the different motors and ESC that have been upgraded?
once I have the X5 what shall I do then in terms of FW versions? does the X5 has its own FW I have to update it to?

Last edited:
ok thanks, I am guessing but should I stick with the I1 (normal version FW) because of the different motors and ESC that have been upgraded?
once I have the X5 what shall I do then in terms of FW versions? does the X5 has its own FW I have to update it to?

You should keep the Non-Pro fw that you have. The Pro-fw flashes the ESC's to reflect the Inspire 1 Pro has slightly more powerful motors. So just stay where you are w I1 and use the normal X5 fw.

You should keep the Non-Pro fw that you have. The Pro-fw flashes the ESC's to reflect the Inspire 1 Pro has slightly more powerful motors. So just stay where you are w I1 and use the normal X5 fw.

that is what I thought. maybe it´s my english. but thank you and I will stay with my current FW - normal version.

At least we can now use 1 zoom lens with it. Very nice. The firmware is for X5, not Pro specific.

Wow. Glad to see these issues addressed, and that others here have done the upgrade and not had their Inspires turn into bricks.

I'm going to try it this afternoon - for me the flicker while shooting video was the deal breaker. Hope that is better.

Took a while to upgrade, but seems there are no issues so far, only thing I have noticed is... Film has been replaced with D-Cinestyle and the olympus 12mm F2.0 also shows F1.7 and F1.8 which is odd.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham