Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5R Price...

It is common for raw image data to be compressed with a lossless compression similar to what you might see with say, a .zip file. All of Blackmagic Design's cameras that sport raw do this.

Any updates on the X5R release date? We appear to be approaching their first estimated release time.

can someone point me to the X5R selling page on dji homepage as i can not find a price tag or even the X5R anywhere thus not knowing the price. hearing that some pre ordered i would line to know for how much and what's included?
thx
cheers

Stay tuned DJI is doing price adjustments to be announced tomorrow morning (Beijing) time. The X5R may be one to be adjusted.

Stay tuned DJI is doing price adjustments to be announced tomorrow morning (Beijing) time. The X5R may be one to be adjusted.
ok but how do you pre order then?
order it and the get suprised by some price you find out when they officially release it??? - not logical to me.
but i will wait and see. what time is bejing announcment in central europe?
-paris, Budapest etc. i might watch if i catch it on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

order it and the get suprised by some price you find out when they officially release it??? - not logical to me.

Edit: Affiliated link removed by moderator - In my opinion the only way to secure price protection is to buy from a reputable retailer that will honor any price reductions. Just google time in Beijing to figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! That sux. I took an acorn the other day, it fell from the oak tree I was flying under. It hit the top of my i1 before the prop. Loud pop and the acorn flew out of there like a speeding bullet. Thankfully all motors kept running.

Anybody know if it will be possible to add the "R" to a previously owned X5?
X5R..... all done.

So for you guys jumping on the RAW wagon what camera you using for ground work? I personally shoot ML RAW with my 5Dmk3 but i still dont feel the need to shoot raw in the sky yet because the 4k is already good for what i do, Music video production and stock footage. Buuuut if the X5R is compatible with the Osmo... SOLD

Wow! That sux. I took an acorn the other day, it fell from the oak tree I was flying under. It hit the top of my i1 before the prop. Loud pop and the acorn flew out of there like a speeding bullet. Thankfully all motors kept running.

Anybody know if it will be possible to add the "R" to a previously owned X5?

Basicaly were paying an extra 2000$ for an SSD drive to record RAW. The camera itself is the same (i think) but the sensor is still a M4T.

Basicaly were paying an extra 2000$ for an SSD drive to record RAW. The camera itself is the same (i think) but the sensor is still a M4T.

Yep, I'm hoping they cut X5 users a break and allow them to upgrade just that part if it is indeed that simple, or knowing DJI they'll be happy for us to lose a chunk of money from the X5 for believing and showing some faith in them. And then expect us to pay for the X5R separate.

Despite this I'll probably get the X5R, as the one thing I really want from my X5 (and knowing it will never deliver) is what the R offers.

But the deafening silence is worrying, its 2 weeks before the revised launch date, chinese new year goes on for at least another week, and there's nothing about it, or the new X5 firmware with the last one being 7 weeks ago.

I'm just worried its gonna have some horrible defect. I don't mind the revised workflow as I'm prepared to wait longer to process better quality. Actually I'm not worried because I won't buy unless it gets rave reviews from people on these and RCGROUPS forums.

Last edited:
I doubt the camera is 100% the same as the X5 -- the data rate will almost certainly drive a newer/better video processor/CPU for the camera to handle the much much higher data rate.

So, if that's the case there will be no upgrade without buying the new camera and SSD outright from where I sit...

Brian

Raw actually requires less cpu processing, because it is, well, raw. There's no need for complex noise reduction and cpu intensive Mpeg compression systems. The debayering etc will be handled by your editing machine, not the aircraft. I am certain that the X5R internals will be the same as the standard camera in all but the firmware and the addition of an SSD to handle the storage and data rate requirements.

I preordered via B&H then canceled and went via FlyHighUSA. Can't preorder the X5R direct from DJI.

Last edited:
ok, I will talk to Ralph then. but still no official price yet really... or am I missing something?

p.s.: I pm-ed you Damon :) and thanks for the answer.

The X5R is $3199 without lens and $3599 with 15mm lens. I bought without lens and got the 12mm, PolarPro filter set and modified lens hood from Ralph instead separately.

Raw actually requires less cpu processing, because it is, well, raw. There's no need for complex noise reduction and cpu intensive Mpeg compression systems. The debayering etc will be handled by your editing machine, not the aircraft. I am certain that the X5R internals will be the same as the standard camera in all but the firmware and the addition of an SSD to handle the storage and data rate requirements.

A 1.7Gb/sec data stream is far more data intensive than a 60Mb/sec data stream regardless of the processing requirements of the video -- the raw data rate will be the deciding factor. Yes, the sensor may well be the same, but the enormous difference in data rate is in a different league all together.

But, we could argue this till the cows come home and I think we'll learn the answer to this pretty soon. My money's on a new camera.

Brian

Last edited:
It will not be possible to retrofit an x5 to an x5r, just sell the x5 if you wish to upgrade. One unfortunate thing about the riser feet on x5 and pro they are more likely to be In frame with wider lenses vs standard length legs on a regular i1 as the arm swing is not changed

The X5R is $3199 without lens and $3599 with 15mm lens. I bought without lens and got the 12mm, PolarPro filter set and modified lens hood from Ralph instead separately.

I'm very happy that they lowered the price on the X5R. I can't wait for the RAW video samples to start coming in.

Reactions: damoncooper

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oharac