Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5R Footage Page

Reaction score
Surprised there is so little footage out there at the moment, we all know about Ian's but can we try and get some other links to X5R footage here please from complete neutrals.

I have seen some footage on youtube which looks like X3 or X5, it doesn't strike me as X5R as stated and you would assume anyone with an X5R to be capable of the basics.

I don't have any new footage to post, hence this thread!

Reactions: ringolong
I did some X5R filming the other day.
A low perspective filming.
Compressed from 4K 2,4 Gbit to HD 300 Mbit and then uploaded to Youtube.

Might have missed some focus when playing around with the manual focus but anyways.
This is real X5R =)

Here is my first aerial video with Inspire 1 X5R. I am so happy with this purchase, it is even better what I thought. I have to buy ND16 and ND32 filters, at this point I only have ND8 which I have used in this video. The workflow is mentioned in video description. Check it out and post your opinions.

Demo video deleted.

Last edited:
Reactions: damoncooper
Here is my first aerial video with Inspire 1 X5R. I am so happy with this purchase, it is even better what I thought. I have to buy ND16 and ND32 filters, at this point I only have ND8 which I have used in this video. The workflow is mentioned in video description. Check it out and post your opinions.

Good footage.

lens correction?
why ?
which lens you used?

Hi Luigi,

Thanks for your feedback.
I have the original 15 mm lens. I used lens correction because in many shots "roundness" of the globe (i mean the horizon line) was too much in my opinion. Lens correction (ready-made preset for Inspire 1 in Premiere CC) made it not so disturbing. I noticed though that the amount of roundness depends very much in what angle the camera is when shooting.

Hi Luigi,

Thanks for your feedback.
I have the original 15 mm lens. I used lens correction because in many shots "roundness" of the globe (i mean the horizon line) was too much in my opinion. Lens correction (ready-made preset for Inspire 1 in Premiere CC) made it not so disturbing. I noticed though that the amount of roundness depends very much in what angle the camera is when shooting.

Great footage! Yes I found this also, made my 12mm Olympus lens look like I'd shot on an old GoPro.

Can I ask you a favour please. Can you shoot some 1080p RAW footage and tell me what it looks like. My 4K is fine but the 1080p stuff is just not useable from the SSD drive. Very mushy, but pixelated and lots of Chromatic Abbreviation. Be interested to know if I have a fault or it's something DJI need to address. They have told me it's an issue but would like to hear your view on it.

Thanks Richard!
Yes, I red about your findings with 1080p. I will do a test for you, just one clarification before that. Do you want me to shoot it with D-Log or None?

I did a quick test flight, although there was quite dark already. But when I flew back home and took the copter inside I noticed I had forgotten SSD... :) I look at the mp4 footage from the SD card and it was OK to my eye. Have you checked yours 1080p footage from the SD card, is it OK there? If I have time tomorrow, I will make another flight in daylight.

Ha ha. I forgot my iPad the other day. Yes my SD footage looks ok, it's just the SSD footage that was awful.

Question for you on your Premiere workflow for the video you posted. Can I ask what value you set your sharpening at?

I forgot to add those details also to my video. Looks like I am getting old day by day... :D
But yes sure you and others might get help from my parameters. First I was playing around with D-Log, -2,-2,-2 because almost everyone was suggesting that. It was not my thing, I didn't like it. Then I changed to None,0,0,0 and that was way to go. I did almost all color modifications in Cinelight. There is one magic slider in it what comes to sharpening and it is auto enhance. Default setting is 0,50 and I raised it with some clips to 1.00 (maximum) and in some other clips maybe 0.75 or so. I did not tick sharpening and denoise boxes at all.

I forgot to add those details also to my video. Looks like I am getting old day by day... :D
But yes sure you and others might get help from my parameters. First I was playing around with D-Log, -2,-2,-2 because almost everyone was suggesting that. It was not my thing, I didn't like it. Then I changed to None,0,0,0 and that was way to go. I did almost all color modifications in Cinelight. There is one magic slider in it what comes to sharpening and it is auto enhance. Default setting is 0,50 and I raised it with some clips to 1.00 (maximum) and in some other clips maybe 0.75 or so. I did not tick sharpening and denoise boxes at all.

Thank you for sharing. Interesting that you chose to do most in Cinelight over Premiere. Going to get out tomorrow and shoot some footage.

That was my plan of course in the beginning to make color corrections in Premiere. I was playing around with LUT's and that stuff, but I never succeeded to get there results I wanted. I got a lot better results and much faster in Cinelight. Of course if you are looking for something special look, then premiere would be the best option, but this time I wanted to get sort of natural and real look.

A note re Camera settings and RAW, I was 99% sure that it didnt matter what setting you had sharpness, contrast and saturation set too with raw. These settings on effect the h264 going to the micro sd. I may be wrong however.. I know in cinelight it shows those 3 settings however.

Ive found auto enhance set to off or 0 is the best way to go...

A note re Camera settings and RAW, I was 99% sure that it didnt matter what setting you had sharpness, contrast and saturation set too with raw. These settings on effect the h264 going to the micro sd. I may be wrong however.. I know in cinelight it shows those 3 settings however.

Ive found auto enhance set to off or 0 is the best way to go...

That's really weird because I have had serious issues with all my footage looking soft and mushy up till yesterday when I set the sharpness, contrast and saturation to +1, +1, 0 and had auto enhance set to 0.75 and exported as ProRes 422HQ then everything actually looked good for once!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz