Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!
Has anyone made any progress on understanding this issue? We too have seen subtle flicker when shooting UHD @ 24fps in full manual under daylight conditions. It makes the camera almost unusable for us. We have nearly 16,000 invested in a completely decked out inspire RAW package with all the bells and whistles. To find out that the camera has this fault is very upsetting indeed.

Has anyone made any progress on understanding this issue? We too have seen subtle flicker when shooting UHD @ 24fps in full manual under daylight conditions. It makes the camera almost unusable for us. We have nearly 16,000 invested in a completely decked out inspire RAW package with all the bells and whistles. To find out that the camera has this fault is very upsetting indeed.

Have the recent firmware upgrades helped the flickering issue?

I am getting this issue too on the X5R via processing the DNG's in after effects via cam raw.
Latest updates on camera/inspire. Running AE 2015.3.

**SHORT ANSWER**
Use a different method.

**LONG ANSWER**
Initially I was not using contrast inside cam raw (as this was widely reported to invoking it) and I was really starting to enjoy cam raw, but then on another clip despite not using contrast its clear some other settings I had tweaked had brought in the same flickering. Given this could have been 1 of about 20+ things, or perhaps 100's if it was a certain value inside a certain slider I did not fancy trying to get to the bottom of it, so I instead checked to see if it was a defective camera.

I then rendered out the DNG sequence untouched and was pleased to report the flickering I could see was not evident. Phew!

So I simply carried out my color correction via other methods and the clip has turned out fine with no flicker.
Big shame as I spent 2 days with CAM RAW and as I said, was very impressed with it.

I don't have the time to look for the problem, especially as I resolved it by simply using another process to correct the footage.

I suggest you guys do the same.

Has anyone tried using resolve? Reads and debayers cDNG natively. Never worked with X5R files but just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive been doin some quick HDR video tests where it becomes very apparent.. Its an extra step but PFClean or REVision DEFlicker in AE work very well

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz