Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5 PAL & firmware issues

Reaction score
We've recently purchased X5, but weeks of heavy rain and wind here in UK has so far scuppered any attempts to test it! We have in the meantime updated to firmware 1.5, but not to 1.6 yet due to restrictions re temperature which have read about and an holding off on that for the moment. (haven't even had chance to test 1.5 yet!)

I read somewhere that there's problems with the X5 Yaw smoothness and image quality on PAL settings at the moment, but cant find any posts that state exactly what the problem is, just that DJI are allegedly in denial of any such problems!

Is this true, and if so what are the problems we can expect to encounter when finally get to test it.

And, I'm guessing the inevitable future upgrade will be necessary to fix this which will also introduce the temperature restrictions, which is a concern here in colder climes if much wind? Or is it perhaps being over exaggerated by some and nothing to be overly concerned with?

We've recently purchased X5, but weeks of heavy rain and wind here in UK has so far scuppered any attempts to test it! We have in the meantime updated to firmware 1.5, but not to 1.6 yet due to restrictions re temperature which have read about and an holding off on that for the moment. (haven't even had chance to test 1.5 yet!)

I read somewhere that there's problems with the X5 Yaw smoothness and image quality on PAL settings at the moment, but cant find any posts that state exactly what the problem is, just that DJI are allegedly in denial of any such problems!

Is this true, and if so what are the problems we can expect to encounter when finally get to test it.

And, I'm guessing the inevitable future upgrade will be necessary to fix this which will also introduce the temperature restrictions, which is a concern here in colder climes if much wind? Or is it perhaps being over exaggerated by some and nothing to be overly concerned with?

Hello there,
I personally have not had any issues with the X5 yaw smoothness but the new firmware actually supposed to improve the yaw performance. I am running the latest firmware and all is well with the Pro. As far as the new firmware and cold environments go, here is the following info for your reading.

What’s New:
1. In cold environments, propulsion output is automatically adjusted based on battery temperature and cell voltage. Horizontal and vertical speed is also decreased to avoid triggering battery protection.
2. Optimized gimbal performance for smoother yaw on the Inspire 1 Pro.

DJI Releases New Firmware for the Inspire 1/Inspire 1 Pro

New firmware updates are available for the Inspire 1 series, please visit the Inspire 1 and Inspire 1 Pro product pages to download and update your firmware.

Overview:
1. All-in-One Firmware version for Inspire 1 updated to v1.6.0.40; firmware version for Inspire 1 Pro updated to v1.3.0.60.
2. DJI GO app iOS version updated to v2.4.2.
3. DJI GO app Android version updated to v2.4.3.

What’s New:
1. In cold environments, propulsion output is automatically adjusted based on battery temperature and cell voltage. Horizontal and vertical speed is also decreased to avoid triggering battery protection.
2. Optimized gimbal performance for smoother yaw on the Inspire 1 Pro.

You know how it is with Lipo batteries in the cold, they behave differently than in warm climates so DJI is addressing the issue and safeguarding against triggering the battery protection by altering the outputs. I am flying in 20 degree weather routinely with the new firmware and to be honest I personally have not seen any difference in performance. Others may dissagree but I am still very happy with the ProX5

I hope this has been at least a small help. If I can help in any way please don't hesitate to give me a shout.
Respectfully,
Ralph Rigdon
FlyHighUSA

Reactions: Cruncher
Thanks Ralph! Good to know.

What's the issue with the X5 and allegedly dodgy Pal video output? Is that true and what is the problem... anyone?!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens