Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5 on DJI Osmo

Tex

Reaction score
Hey to all.

DJI announced release of special X5/X5R-mount plate for OSMO(provides in stock with X3 camera).

It's hard not to notice that plates and mounts of X3 and X5 are almost the same as well as lock system.
I've tried to mount my X5 from Inspire to Osmo. Well, it suits, but lock doesn't work properly(half of the way). Anyway, it seems solid.

But I didn't turn it on. Little bit scary of possible consequnces))

So, can you tell me, will it work that way? Didn't find any info in the web. Only DJIs footage of X5R on Osmo.

See the Osmo forum section. Using the X5 on it precisely requires that adapter that isn't available yet.

Hey to all.

DJI announced release of special X5/X5R-mount plate for OSMO(provides in stock with X3 camera).

It's hard not to notice that plates and mounts of X3 and X5 are almost the same as well as lock system.
I've tried to mount my X5 from Inspire to Osmo. Well, it suits, but lock doesn't work properly(half of the way). Anyway, it seems solid.

But I didn't turn it on. Little bit scary of possible consequnces))

So, can you tell me, will it work that way? Didn't find any info in the web. Only DJIs footage of X5R on Osmo.

Autofocus works well on osmo with X5. IOS app is better than android app when a user x5 on osmo

Added my own party. used X5 on OSMO in a few weeks

Last edited:
Reactions: damoncooper
Autofocus works well on osmo with X5. IOS app is better than android app when a user x5 on osmo

I don't think the X5 locks into and makes contact with the pins on the Osmo handle without an adapter. Mine didn't. I think airdrome probably made an adapter the allies the pins to make contact.

sorry my English! I just modified my osmo so that it fits the X5 and X3. It is very easy to do. I did this because I did not bother to wait for adapter plate of DJI.

X5 is fantastic on Osmo. But slightly shorter battery life. But I will order adapter plate when it arrives. But incredibly fun to test the X5. NB My Osmo is the last batch from DJI. Ordered Osmo without Gimbal.

Last edited:
sorry my English! I just modified my osmo so that it fits the X5 and X3. It is very easy to do. I did this because I did not bother to wait for adapter plate of DJI.

X5 is fantastic on Osmo. But slightly shorter battery life. But I will order adapter plate when it arrives. But incredibly fun to test the X5. NB My Osmo is the last batch from DJI. Ordered Osmo without Gimbal.

Any chance you could show a few pics of the adapter you made? Was it hard to build?

Airdrone, nice job on making it work. I am actually surprised that it functions. I have to assume that the X3 and X5 function using the same OS. Do you have AF and focusing?

I've been assuming that the adapter will be a bit more complicated and the center the weight directly over the handle and have a clip for the back of the X5 mount as is found on the Inspire.

Airdrone, nice job on making it work. I am actually surprised that it functions. I have to assume that the X3 and X5 function using the same OS. Do you have AF and focusing?

I've been assuming that the adapter will be a bit more complicated and the center the weight directly over the handle and have a clip for the back of the X5 mount as is found on the Inspire.
yes. it works with AF / MF. it seems in app.

Reactions: damoncooper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham