Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

using/triggering Canon R5 on Zenmuse MX (on M600 pro)

Reaction score
Hi Matrice Pilots. I'm a professional photographer working mostly with Canon gear, but have used Sony mirrorless on our M600 Pro setup for a few years because of size/weight/quality. With a recent switch to the Canon mirrorless system and the R5 camera. Wondering if anyone has been successful with that pair and if so how did you trigger it? So far we haven't had any luck trying to get the infrared setup we use for the Sony to work. Thanks in advance for you response.

Hi Matrice Pilots. I'm a professional photographer working mostly with Canon gear, but have used Sony mirrorless on our M600 Pro setup for a few years because of size/weight/quality. With a recent switch to the Canon mirrorless system and the R5 camera. Wondering if anyone has been successful with that pair and if so how did you trigger it? So far we haven't had any luck trying to get the infrared setup we use for the Sony to work. Thanks in advance for you response.
Hi, I am working out the same setup. I asked the Gremsy help desk for a suggestion (I am probably using gremsy gimbals (T3)as they are a lot lighter than a ronin mx on the drone) -

This will give you full control of the camera settings.

I was also considering a more simple solution of using my "stop/ start/ record" of the LANC control from my tilta nucleus lens motors, but not sure what the range of these are practically.

What gimbal are you using?

cheers Paul

Hey Adventure, here's a thread where Paul Ross Jones and I (plus one or two others) go into this topic. I'm going to have an update with the DJI Transmission system and the RS3 Pro tested with Canon's R5, R5C, R3, and a Sony A7IV soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz