Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Ronin MX Camera controls on M600

I’m using s lumenier but I’m upgrading to the dji he fpv with occusync air unit
Just looked at that, didn't know that was offered.
Will it interface nicely with the M600 and RC or on a separate monitor.
You planning it use it with FPV goggles or on controller?

What solution did you end up going with?
I purchased the itelli-G system and using the DJI SRW-60G for wireless between M600P and Ronin MX. I'm playing with the setup using my GH4, with intentions to use a A7Riii. Intelli-G recently announced 100% Full control of the A7Riii like the GH4. The A7Rii was not full control.
All this works through the DJIGO app like a normal gimbal mounted camera & controls. For 1 operator, 1 RC it requires the DJI expansion module to gain all the additional camera controls. If 2 operators, 2nd RC... the Camera operator can use RC controls for camera functions.
l'm setting up a 1 operator, so setting up the Exp module. Since I'm also experimenting with a RF Amp, the Exp Module needed to be mounted differently than intended onto RC rail. I'm adding the RF Amp since my hopeful plans are to include Wind Generators or Power Towers that can effect RF transmissions.

The FPV ft camera will not go PIP using 1 video screen, it requires a 2nd monitor and then supported within the DJIGO app. It was confusing to me, the PIP is not as imagined within 1 screen, it's 2 screens. A smaller screen mounted to side or on Exp Module bracket would provide the FPV screen (cell phone or small clamp on 4" monitor).

If you read other related threads, I had some issues with my GH4 repairs & SRW-60G failing. Corrected all those issues and Winter arrived. I haven't gotten back on this project, waiting for Spring & sunny warm temps to experiment. Re FPV, I personally removed the connections on on FPV for now, not really a need at moment. Left the FPV mounted, just static. More focused on Ronin MX & Camera controls.
When I'm comfortable with GH4 working completely, I'll explore adding a A7Riii. The A7Riii is main point for me otherwise all this could be done with Zenmuse X5R or something. My end goal is to explore the A7Riii setup.

If you already had a Sony A7Riii, as mentioned above in other post... another good solution, not directly through the DJIGo App is the AIR Commander V2 solution. Video through DJIGO app, controls separately and looks like a good solution. AIR Commander v2 | Full remote controller for SONY A7 cameras

Few links if interested:
iNtelli-G

Titan RF Antenna

DJI Exp Module - Reach out to Mike at FL Drone Supply

Bracket - cut down side braces to use with Exp Module on RC above RF Switch Amp mount.

Reactions: niki
That's good info thank you @dougcjohn

I have the M600 Pro and Expansion Kit but have yet to purchase a gimbal or camera. My plan is to use the A7RIII though so I've been trying to research the best way to go about this. I've heard mixed reviews about the Ronin MX so I've been trying to learn more about the Gremsy T3. Also weighing the differences between Air Commander vs. Intelli G. I really don't have much interest in using other camera setups so may end up going with the Air Commander.

Reactions: dougcjohn
That's good info thank you @dougcjohn

I have the M600 Pro and Expansion Kit but have yet to purchase a gimbal or camera. My plan is to use the A7RIII though so I've been trying to research the best way to go about this. I've heard mixed reviews about the Ronin MX so I've been trying to learn more about the Gremsy T3. Also weighing the differences between Air Commander vs. Intelli G. I really don't have much interest in using other camera setups so may end up going with the Air Commander.
From my understanding, the Gremsy would require 2nd RC to control, I don't beleive it functions through the DJIGo app. The weight limits of the RoninMX is less than the Gremsy but still greater than the Max payload of the M600P. I wasn't keen on the MX at first... the balance didn't seem consistent. But I think with practice, I've gotten faster in setup prep. I read more concern for the RoninM than the MX.

Since you have the A7Riii, I'd probably agree that the AIR Cmd V2 is the direction to take, much easier setup and less headache getting everything working together. As long as you can see the image via flight screen, the small 2nd remote wouldn't be a negative... might actually be a positive since screen remains visible as modifications are made to camera.

Have you had any opportunity to see / use A7Riii aerial files? Curious of the improvement over smaller gimbal cameras.

From my understanding, the Gremsy would require 2nd RC to control, I don't beleive it functions through the DJIGo app. The weight limits of the RoninMX is less than the Gremsy but still greater than the Max payload of the M600P. I wasn't keen on the MX at first... the balance didn't seem consistent. But I think with practice, I've gotten faster in setup prep. I read more concern for the RoninM than the MX.

Since you have the A7Riii, I'd probably agree that the AIR Cmd V2 is the direction to take, much easier setup and less headache getting everything working together. As long as you can see the image via flight screen, the small 2nd remote wouldn't be a negative... might actually be a positive since screen remains visible as modifications are made to camera.

Have you had any opportunity to see / use A7Riii aerial files? Curious of the improvement over smaller gimbal cameras.

I haven't purchased a camera yet so don't have any experience with A7Riii files yet. I was just saying that's the camera I am leaning towards but waiting to research gimbals a bit more. I was under the impression the Gremsy would interface with the DJI remote so will need to double check that. I'll be testing out some Phase One cameras (100MP!!) next week so should have more info after that!

Reactions: SanCap
I haven't purchased a camera yet so don't have any experience with A7Riii files yet. I was just saying that's the camera I am leaning towards but waiting to research gimbals a bit more. I was under the impression the Gremsy would interface with the DJI remote so will need to double check that. I'll be testing out some Phase One cameras (100MP!!) next week so should have more info after that!

Any updates on this?

I'm also curious as to @dronie326 progress, mine hasn't been too focused on the M600Pro & FF camera lately, not for lack of interest but lack of time and current activities.

Rereading my Mar 19th post, I made a typo error indicating the RoninMX exceeded M600Pro Max payload... should be Under Max, not greater.
It mounts the RoninMX nicely and I personally feel the RoninMX moves and stabilizes very well... I haven't compared to a Gremsy. I did read elsewhere that the Gremsy does not interface with the DJI GoApp, but I was wondering what @dronie326 discovered to be more accurate. Also curious on the Phase One, and speaking of 100 MP, you notice the A7Riv... it's now 61mp.

I now have 2 functional SRW-60G units and they work great.. 1st unit was bad. Signal from camera wirelessly from Gimbal to Lightbridge and transmitted to RC Screen is a nice setup. Video is overall very clean... has a few moments when LB video is garbled, but no more than if X5 mounted.

Recently acquired a A7Riii and a incredible Zeiss 25mm F2 sharp lens. Excellent edge to edge sharpness should be a excellent aerial lens.

Although I have the intelli-G & Expansion Module, I haven't completed the setup yet. After discovering the AirCmd V2, it looks like a a better solution.
I'll complete the intell-G & Exp Mod, but I'm thinking of getting the Air Cmd v2 for the A7 for faster, less complicated configuration.

I'm also curious as to @dronie326 progress, mine hasn't been too focused on the M600Pro & FF camera lately, not for lack of interest but lack of time and current activities.

Rereading my Mar 19th post, I made a typo error indicating the RoninMX exceeded M600Pro Max payload... should be Under Max, not greater.
It mounts the RoninMX nicely and I personally feel the RoninMX moves and stabilizes very well... I haven't compared to a Gremsy. I did read elsewhere that the Gremsy does not interface with the DJI GoApp, but I was wondering what @dronie326 discovered to be more accurate. Also curious on the Phase One, and speaking of 100 MP, you notice the A7Riv... it's now 61mp.

I now have 2 functional SRW-60G units and they work great.. 1st unit was bad. Signal from camera wirelessly from Gimbal to Lightbridge and transmitted to RC Screen is a nice setup. Video is overall very clean... has a few moments when LB video is garbled, but no more than if X5 mounted.

Recently acquired a A7Riii and a incredible Zeiss 25mm F2 sharp lens. Excellent edge to edge sharpness should be a excellent aerial lens.

Although I have the intelli-G & Expansion Module, I haven't completed the setup yet. After discovering the AirCmd V2, it looks like a a better solution.
I'll complete the intell-G & Exp Mod, but I'm thinking of getting the Air Cmd v2 for the A7 for faster, less complicated configuration.

Thanks for that, I am in the process of getting all the equipment. I am planning on selling/trading my M210 for an M600pro. I want to go the Sony A7Rlll and Air Cmd v2.

Thanks for that, I am in the process of getting all the equipment. I am planning on selling/trading my M210 for an M600pro. I want to go the Sony A7Rlll and Air Cmd v2.
Interesting, you're selling your M210 for a M600Pro. Understandable for the FullFrame DSLR, but I don't hear too many flushing their M210 for M600Pro. Congrats on the determination for the FullFrame! I've been hoping DJI will add additional enhancement to the M600Pro, but that's doubtful.

On a "side bar" comment... I have both M210 & M600Pro, both great. Even through the M210 is rated higher in stability & winds. I find advantages with the M600Pro. 1) It's physical size for taking down range is so comfortable to visually see in the sky or foliage backdrops compared to any quad, it's hard to loose. 2) It "feels" like it flies so controllable, smooth on banks & stops. Personally for the wind I'd fly, I find the M600Pro equally as stable. 3) The ability to carry much larger payloads: DSLR or other if needed. 4) Normally not a concern, but I've also noticed the birds don't bother it... I think it's size intimidates. 5) Just my personal opinion: I really like the sound of the Hex 21" blades and flight characteristics of the platform with a RoninMX mounted. 5) Awesome, impressive looks of this large craft in the air, and you'll find it draws "A LOT" of attention... sitting on ground or flying! It makes a statement!

Back to the subject of focus:
With the development of the new Air Cmd v2 specially designed for Sony A7 series... it removes so much in the form of configuration add-on components, tweaking of DJI software, and allows much easier to use "other" flight control software and still receive on-screen video. If you're goal is to use other cameras, then the intelli-G is a superb option with the DJI Expansion module.

To use the Sony A7 series, the Air Cmd v2 simplifies the setup. The RoninMX can be obtained "used" as nice discount that is practically new condition... be advised, if purchasing used or off eBay sources, that the RoninMX kit needs to include the M600 Rail mount. Many selling the RoninMX threw out or lost the M600 Rail mount since they had no use for it with their hand held operations.

You can use a cable between the Camera in RoninMX & M600Pro but it limits your rotation and adds balance weight issues to the camera & RoninMX gimbal. I tried several HDMI cables from Camera to SRW60G unit (or direct to LB on M600Pro) and I found a great ultra light, easy mount ribbon HDMI with 90 degree connection.
You can use small zip strips and lay ribbon flat on RoninMX arm to wrap to other side to connect to SRW60G.
Adds a very minimal amount of weight to the gimbal balance and provides a nice slack section that doesn't interfere with gimbals pivot. If you get it, go to an auto parts store and get some wide heat shrink and place over the circuit board ends. On the 90, I cut a small port for the connection in the heat shrink. This just gives a little moisture barrier if needed on a misty dew morning or evening.

You'll probably beat me on the Air Cmd v2, so you'll need to let us know your thoughts. But looking at the "hand control unit", the camera controls look pretty quick and being able to watch the camera settings on screen display change without the DJIGO4 app menus pop up actually look like an advantage to me.

One other point... the HDMI cable from the LB2 Unit down to the SRW60G or lead to RoninMX.
This cable is a bit of struggle to get onto the LB2 & routing. Again, I've tried a few HDMI cables and the DJI cable intended for this mount seemed to work best for me. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
One other point... the HDMI cable from the LB2 Unit down to the SRW60G or lead to RoninMX.
This cable is a bit of struggle to get onto the LB2 & routing. Again, I've tried a few HDMI cables and the DJI cable intended for this mount seemed to work best for me. Just my 2 cents.

You are a wealth of knowledge and I appreciate it.

I have been involved in the cell tower and power line inspections with my I2, M210 and Mavic 2 pro and am finding that I do not enjoy it any longer, although I did make good money at it. I started off with a Phantom 1 just to take aerial images and want to get back to what I love to do. I want to up my game with higher end/resolution cameras to get amazing landscape images and video. It would be great If I sell some along the way, but not necessary. I am going back to doing this primarily for me.

I am still figuring out what pieces parts I need and will be putting this together in the next couple of weeks. I already have a GH5 with all the lenses I used on my X5S but want more resolution. I will keep you posted on my progression.

Thanks Again!

The AirPixel, maker of Air Cmd v2 has added & improved their "Entire" module... alternate module to AirCmdv2. This will now allow direct interface with LB2 & A3 on M600Pro similar to the intelli-G... both need to use the DJI Exp Module.

Last edited:
I have been involved in the cell tower and power line inspections with my I2, M210 and Mavic 2 pro and am finding that I do not enjoy it any longer, although I did make good money at it. I started off with a Phantom 1 just to take aerial images and want to get back to what I love to do. I want to up my game with higher end/resolution cameras to get amazing landscape images and video. It would be great If I sell some along the way, but not necessary. I am going back to doing this primarily for me.

I am still figuring out what pieces parts I need and will be putting this together in the next couple of weeks. I already have a GH5 with all the lenses I used on my X5S but want more resolution. I will keep you posted on my progression.

Very nice indeed! I have a little enviousness for those in the sUAV business. I'm coming at it from the other direction. I've enjoyed other employment to provide our bread & butter, but have been looking forward to a 2nd challenge as I approach retirement and hopefully a successful midwest small sUAV business to enjoy. I've been experimenting mostly on the non-business side, acquiring hardware, learning sUAV tools and various software programs from Ag Analysis, 3D modeling, terrain, and Video & photography SW tools. I've got a few more years before "I need" to be serious, in the meantime I'm enjoying the new challenges and rekindling the photography days.

Any updates on this?

Hey guys! Not too many updates unfortunately. @dougcjohn pretty much hit it on the head, "hasn't been too focused on the M600Pro & FF camera lately, not for lack of interest but lack of time and current activities." . That's been my exact situation, I've just been busy at work with other stuff.

I did go ahead and purchase the Gremsy T3 and got it installed no problem but I haven't gotten my hands on an A7Riii to hook up to it yet. The main bottleneck was that we ran into some issues when trying to purchase the Air Commander stuff (joys of a really big company trying to buy something from a really small company) but have that sorted now so should be ordering it next week.

As far as the Phase One test it definitely takes some awesome pictures. (and it should for $50K!) The resolution allows you to zoom WAY in which is great for inspection work. I also made a 55 picture Pano from it which is even more incredible when going through the full zoom limits. With that being said I don't think we are ready for the investment quite yet. I'm pretty sure the A7Rii/iii will provide everything we currently need at a fraction of the cost. The Phase One definitely has a place though if you're doing a lot of high end inspection work and can prove out the ROI.

Good info in here from everyone! I'll be sure to update again once I get some time with the Air Commander and Sony although it sounds like you guys might get their first.

Hey guys! Not too many updates unfortunately. @dougcjohn pretty much hit it on the head, "hasn't been too focused on the M600Pro & FF camera lately, not for lack of interest but lack of time and current activities." . That's been my exact situation, I've just been busy at work with other stuff.

I did go ahead and purchase the Gremsy T3 and got it installed no problem but I haven't gotten my hands on an A7Riii to hook up to it yet. The main bottleneck was that we ran into some issues when trying to purchase the Air Commander stuff (joys of a really big company trying to buy something from a really small company) but have that sorted now so should be ordering it next week.

As far as the Phase One test it definitely takes some awesome pictures. (and it should for $50K!) The resolution allows you to zoom WAY in which is great for inspection work. I also made a 55 picture Pano from it which is even more incredible when going through the full zoom limits. With that being said I don't think we are ready for the investment quite yet. I'm pretty sure the A7Rii/iii will provide everything we currently need at a fraction of the cost. The Phase One definitely has a place though if you're doing a lot of high end inspection work and can prove out the ROI.

Good info in here from everyone! I'll be sure to update again once I get some time with the Air Commander and Sony although it sounds like you guys might get their first.
Good to know on Gremsy, so does it connect to the M600Pro like the RoninMX? Can you rotate and pivot the gimbal through DJIGoApp?

Ya that Phase One 100mp sounds Owesome, but too pricey for my shelf. Can imagine the detail provided!!

The 25mm and 18mm Zeiss Batis coupled to A7Riii with 46meg will meet my survey opportunity and modeling needs.

I'd like to add a XT2 19mm but waiting for when actually needed... $11-15k is a stopper unless ROI begins same year.

Yep! Full control like normal. I'll snap a picture or video when I get back.
Very Nice to know... have an interest in the Gremsy for the FLIR products. The XT2 is so pricey compared to the Duo Pro R. I've seen it mounted to a Yangda gimbal with full control. The Gremsy would be a good option to explore.
By the way... if interested: Yangda Links for FLIR Duo Pro R and Sony A7 series.

Look forward to seeing it mounted up!

A little bit of an update. I have the A7R3 now as well as the Air Commander Entire combo and am trying to figure out where to get the 5 volts to power the air commander from. I have a lot to learn on this project!

A little bit of an update. I have the A7R3 now as well as the Air Commander Entire combo and am trying to figure out where to get the 5 volts to power the air commander from. I have a lot to learn on this project!
I'm curious to the AirCmd V2 connections. In email exchanges with AirCmd Rep, I realized it uses the Camera's IR lens and needing to position the IR lead in Ft of IR lens. Is this a stiff wire or do you need to tape or zip strip?

Or do you plan using the Entire module and

Are you meaning the Camera side... the Receiver? The AirCmd kit came with the battery replacement (A9 Smart Plug). You remove your battery door and use the supplied leads... one to the Receiver, the other to the IR Lead.

If you mean on the Transmitter side... you can use multiple methods... 1) separate sm battery, 2) Tap into the RC with a USB spliter... note Pg 5 of AirCmd manual.

The voltage can range from 5-12V... so many options can be used.

Or do you plan using the Entire module? I'd have to look at the manual for the Entire to see how that connects.
If you need Power on the RoninMX side.. there are 2 USB power ports under the RoninMX.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz